Breaking Dawn Part 2 Sneak Peak @ Target!!!

Options
chanstriste13
chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
if you didn't know, here you go:

http://www.target.com/c/favorite-characters-Twilight/-/N-56haa

and i will be registering to win a five day trip to isle esme. i'm going to go do that right now!

edited to add: you can't register for the trip without a code on the blu-ray breaking dawn part 1. so i guess i'll have to wait.

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    *peek*

not peak. gah.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    if you didn't know, here you go:

http://www.target.com/c/favorite-characters-Twilight/-/N-56haa

and i will be registering to win a five day trip to isle esme. i'm going to go do that right now!

edited to add: you can't register for the trip without a code on the blu-ray breaking dawn part 1. so i guess i'll have to wait.

I guess this means I'm buying blu-ray lol
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I saw that, those rat ba$tards wouldn't let me register either until I have the special BlueRay code. Yah, whatever, I'm still in regular DVD land, so that ain't gonna happen. :wink: HOw dare they screw with us like that, don't they know they are jacking with the wrong bunch of fans?
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Bummer - none of the Targets by my house are doing it :(
  • fluffytuf
    Options
    OK, they have the Blu-ray version, the 2-disk regular DVD, and the special bridal dress cover. My question is, do all three of them have the exact same content? I buy mine at Walmart. Does Target have something Walmart doesn't? Argh!!
    I really would love to see all the deleted scenes, but doesn't look like that's going to happen. I would rather have all the deleted scenes and bloopers than the logistics of how they made the movie (kind of takes the magic out of it for me watching how they CGI'd wolves, or Bella, or harnesses and ropes in the flilps and battles). Whatever it is, I can't wait.:love:
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,039 Member
    Options
    OK, they have the Blu-ray version, the 2-disk regular DVD, and the special bridal dress cover. My question is, do all three of them have the exact same content? I buy mine at Walmart. Does Target have something Walmart doesn't? Argh!!
    I really would love to see all the deleted scenes, but doesn't look like that's going to happen. I would rather have all the deleted scenes and bloopers than the logistics of how they made the movie (kind of takes the magic out of it for me watching how they CGI'd wolves, or Bella, or harnesses and ropes in the flilps and battles). Whatever it is, I can't wait.:love:

:heart: I think the content is the same for the DVD no matter where you get it. Walmart offers a box that features the wedding dress, and Target offers a free petal that was used on the set of the movie. I really don't care about the knick-knacks, so I don't think it matters where I get it. Does anyone know if there is a Blu-ray/standard DVD set? I want the blu-ray for my big living room TV, but the DVD player in my bedroom is standard, and I'll be watching Breaking Dawn there every night to help me get to sleep.:love:
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    So excited!! My best friend and I are going tomorrow night. Even better, I used to work for Target, so it'll be awesome to see some of my old coworkers and customers there.

I didn't know about the wedding dress-up contest until about an hour ago, though! I can't enter, since I don't have Internet on my phone or a Twitter account, so I guess I couldn't have participated anyway. :tongue: Still going to wear a nice new dress and attempt some neat make-up. :wink:
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options

:heart: I think the content is the same for the DVD no matter where you get it. Walmart offers a box that features the wedding dress, and Target offers a free petal that was used on the set of the movie. I really don't care about the knick-knacks, so I don't think it matters where I get it. Does anyone know if there is a Blu-ray/standard DVD set? I want the blu-ray for my big living room TV, but the DVD player in my bedroom is standard, and I'll be watching Breaking Dawn there every night to help me get to sleep.:love:

I think there is a copy of Blu-Ray/DVD combo, but I'm not going to swear to it.

The day has finally arrived (at least for those of us going out at Midnight hehe)!!!
  • KimmyEB
    Options

I think there is a copy of Blu-Ray/DVD combo, but I'm not going to swear to it.

The day has finally arrived (at least for those of us going out at Midnight hehe)!!!

oooooo!! I need to look into the Blue-Ray/DVD combo, since I'm still in the DVD era. :tongue:

KBren--are you dressing up?
  • KimmyEB
    Options
    WOW!! So...one of my former coworkers at Target just informed me that at our location, they're going to have the Florida Highway Patrol there, because they're expecting over 1,000 people! That's crazy! I'm kind of afraid to go now, haha.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    A friend and I went to the Sneak Peek. We got there at 7:30, and kept watching up front as we did a little shopping to see if a line was forming. We were 5th and 6th in line. I don't know how many people were there in the end, but no one had to wait outside. I think the cold weather and brisk winds may have kept some from attending. My ticket showed they had 149 of the special edition DVDs at the store, and they told us they didn't know if they would have enough DVDs/Blue Ray for everyone in line. (I guess you could get more than one ticket per person)

There was a fella in front of us in line, he told us that his daughter who lives in another state wanted the DVD, so he came and stood in line just to get it for her, I thought that was such a neat thing for him to do. I mean how many dad's would do that?????

We suggested that next year they make a bunch of popcorn for us while we are waiting to see the 'sneak peek'.

I am now ready to plow into the 2nd half of Breaking Dawn book, I'd been saving it until I saw the sneak peek first. (I know, hard to believe any one on here is a BD virgin)
  • KimmyEB
    Options
    The event at my store was a bust. NO ONE was dressed up! I felt kinda fancy in a LBD with awesome make-up, haha. They even told employees last minute not to dress up, so all my friend got to wear was a Team Alice t-shirt. I arrived around 8:45 so I could get some coffee early, and stayed 'til almost midnight (wasn't buying the DVD yet, just wanted to see the sneak peek and dress up and see friends), and there were...hmm...MAYBE 75 people total? It rained for about 20 minutes around 9pm, so maybe that kept some people away, especially if they wanted to dress up...but the event here was a bust. Also, couldn't understand the sneak peek, since the TV's weren't in sync with each other, so all I heard was an echo of voices and people complaining. :frown: