Warrior Dash

Options
PattyCake123
PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
I had a few friends who did this last year and it sounded like a blast, it's one of the things I want to accomplish in 2012, anyone interested in doing one of the Ohio ones? There are 2, the first one is june 2 -3, it's 3.5 miles and in Kaeppner Woods, Logan, OH and the other one is August 25, it's 3.12 miles, and is at Clay's Park Resort, N. Lawrence, OH.

http://warriordash.com/locations.php

Replies

• Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm doing one - a Chicagoland friend from MFP and I are meeting for the Indiana Dash in August. I'm so excited (and a wee bit terrified). It's west of Indy - about 4hrs drive from Columbus. Let me know if you're into that one. :)
  • monkeymomof3
    monkeymomof3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I did this last June and it's awesome! We're hoping to get to the June one this year (pretty sure he's organized a group to volunteer, for some reason...so he has all the details!)....It was seriously one of the most fun races I have ever run! Do it!
  • nukehiker
    Options
    I plan on doing the one in logan this year, I have never done it before but so looking forward to it. would be awesome to have ppl from MFP there with me.
  • cjipping
    cjipping Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I see there is a barbed wire crawl at the end of the race, has anyone done this? Did anyone get cut on the wire?
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    What exactly is a Warrior Dash? I noticed that there are not any around me.
  • christatree
    christatree Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I see there is a barbed wire crawl at the end of the race, has anyone done this? Did anyone get cut on the wire?

I did both Ohio dashes in 2011, Logan and Carrollton. The barbed wire is high enough that you can crawl under while still on your hands and knees with your head down. I didn't have to get into a low belly crawl and I'm not a tiny girl.
  • CEQuick75
    CEQuick75 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I did the Logan WD last summer (won for best warrior beard!). Advice for anyone wanting to attempt it this year:

1) Prepare for LOTS of hills. It seemed like the first 1/3 of the race was uphill!
    2) Prepare to be muddy and wet. Those clothes are going to be REAL heavy toward the end!
    3) HAVE FUN! I finished in just under an hour, but at least I finished and had a great time.

I'll be there this year on June 2nd (hopefully weighing a lot less this year!)
  • OH_matt
    OH_matt Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My brother and I are planning on being at the Logan one this year too.
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    What exactly is a Warrior Dash? I noticed that there are not any around me.

http://warriordash.com/

The length changes a wee bit with each one depending on the course, but it is about the length of a 5k with obsticles, like a mud crawl, climbing over walls and hay bales etc. They are suppose to be a lot of fun :) they have them in a bunch of different states and even over in the UK and australia I think.
  • LoveLaughSweatFuel
    LoveLaughSweatFuel Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am part of a small group of ladies running in Ohio 2! We can't wait...