Disney Food & Wine Half

Options
A few chicas and myself are going to be training for the Disney Food and Wine in November and we will be registering when it opens in March. Any other chicas wanna join us? We are spread out all over Central Fla, but I'm thinking we will be doing some group runs on the weekends probably in Orlando over the summer and commiserating over tough runs or being sore...but mainly inspiring each other and building our friendships. Friend me if you are interested in doing the same with us!!!!!!

Replies

• judynunes
    judynunes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Can't wait!!
  • MoniSunZ
    MoniSunZ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ^_^
  • TJMcQN
    TJMcQN Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'll be cheering for you. One of my goals is to run it in 2013. Don't think I should go for it this year, may be too soon for me.
  • StephEwell
    StephEwell Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm going to think about it! I'm doing the marathon in January, and that would help me stay motivated and train!
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    2012 goal is half. 2013 goal is full. :) Stay in contact with us chicas I'd love to see what races we all end up doing!!!!!
  • tdipinto
    tdipinto Posts: 1
    Options
    Just did the Princess Half last month, and sooo looking forward to the Food and Wine! BTW, there's a relay option for those of you not quite ready to tackle the half. One person does a longer stretch, but it's a lot of fun!

Don't know if I can make it to any runs since I live in Melbourne, but look forward to running into you guys at one race or another!
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    I'm not a chica, nor am I in central Florida (Jacksonville actually), but I am debating training for this. I just did the Gate River Run (15k) last week, so I don't think it's a huge stretch to do the additional 4 miles. So you may see me out there dressed as a princess for the run. lol j/k
  • christinehetz80
    Options
    I'm not a chica, nor am I in central Florida (Jacksonville actually), but I am debating training for this. I just did the Gate River Run (15k) last week, so I don't think it's a huge stretch to do the additional 4 miles. So you may see me out there dressed as a princess for the run. lol j/k

Hahaha!!! Love!!!! We are thinking dressing up as superheros and/or wonder woman. Wanna join? And AWESOME! Please stay in touch. I've heard its a fantastic race!
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Not a chica either but did register for this over the weekend. I only live 15 minutes away. Last time I ran a half marathon was 19 years ago, so I've got some training to do.
  • christinehetz80
    Options
    Well this will be my very very very first and I am SO EXCITED for it! I'm doing a 10k in a couple of weeks to submit to the Disney officials to see what starting corral they put me in. What part of central florida do you live in ham? Please stay in touch!!!! I've been reviewing training plans and still not sure which one to go with. Are you going for a specific finish time?
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I live a few exits west of Disney near the Osceola/Polk county border. I am hoping to finish under 2 hours (my last was in 1:48 but I was so much younger). As of now, that's not possible. Haven't set up a training plan yet other than getting in a couple of runs per week. Will up frequency and distance over time.