Can you lose weight and not lose your chest?

Options
dawnblu
dawnblu Posts: 95 Member
I've read that when you lose weight, your chest gets smaller and I've seen it happen with other people. Is there a way to keep that from happening? maybe lifting weights or something? I'd like to avoid getting smaller or sagging... is it possible?

Replies

• BanjoKd
    BanjoKd Posts: 150
    Options
    A friend of mine recently went from a size 14 to a 4....and from a DD to a C. She was actually glad. She doesn't exercise so I'm hoping things will go differently for me. I think it's inevitable though.
  • Smiler106
    Smiler106 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's unavoidable really. Doesn't matter what exercises you do. For the vast majority of ladies, their boobs will shrink as they lose weight, especially those who are very overweight or obese to start with. How far they will shrink will depend on the individual of course.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    friend of mine posted this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HErdtVkR3Nw&feature=relmfu apparently this chick has an awesome rack and it's all through working out. i'm gonna try it.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Its all genetics ladies, sorry.

But even us bigger girls shrink some - I was wearing a 36D at my high weight and now i'm wearing a 34DD that is slightly slightly too big. But that's after losing 50 lbs so very very little of my chest was lost there, it was mostly around the band and a bit on the sides where the fat got added on.

But if you were somoene who gained a lot in the chest you're going to lose a lot in the chest.

on the PLUS side though, IMO even though I lost a little they *look* bigger because proportionately they are not competing with my back fat and belly anymore. So they actually stick out there -- like you know how super skinny ladies with B cups still look gooooood in front? Its all proportions.

So take heart - you're going to look good no matter what bra size you wear.

But get ready for the RIDICULOUS expense of rebuying your bras a million times. :/ and I have to buy all new underwear too. I bought a couple 34DDs because I thought I was done losing there but I just lost a tiny bit.

And people who are smaller than a DD get WAAAAY more options in bras than the rest of us.
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    You can certainly make your chest stronger, but you can't unfortunately choose where your body burns it's fat from. Most females lose at least a little weight from their chest when they start working out. Weight lifting won't help that.
  • Banrion
    Banrion Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You can certainly make your chest stronger, but you can't unfortunately choose where your body burns it's fat from. Most females lose at least a little weight from their chest when they start working out. Weight lifting won't help that.

:sick: Unfortunately its unavoidable....dang just when I was getting used to my new 3Ds, UGH!
  • RubyMoonwlf
    Options
    as far as i know, boobs are mostly fat so sorry to say you may go down some there. but, depending on your age as skin loses its elasticity as you age, they should become "perkier".
    at least that's what i'm hoping for myself. I can't stand how big i've gotten.