Inappropriate Outings

Options
2»

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Sadly for me I outed myself kinda. Told the only gay friend I had at a club that I was gay and he proceeded to kiss me in front of all my friends. I didnt not kiss back so obviously everyone knew. I have never had to tell a single person other than that guy that I was gay. Word spreads fast but I had a netwrok of good friends and the only one who really had a problem with it was me! I'm still working out my own problems. I'm not particularly camp so it's so tiresome seeing the shock on peoples faces when they find out. Sometimes I wish I was more flamboyan then I wouldnt have to say it to anyone. The joys of being unstereotypically gay. Oh hey I'm new to these forums btw so if anyone wants to add me I'd love me a few MFP friends ;D

Welcome to MFP...and belated welcome to your outing! :)

There are many flavors of gay men (pun only partially intended). Fret not over being less flamboyant than others.
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Sadly for me I outed myself kinda. Told the only gay friend I had at a club that I was gay and he proceeded to kiss me in front of all my friends. I didnt not kiss back so obviously everyone knew. I have never had to tell a single person other than that guy that I was gay. Word spreads fast but I had a netwrok of good friends and the only one who really had a problem with it was me! I'm still working out my own problems. I'm not particularly camp so it's so tiresome seeing the shock on peoples faces when they find out. Sometimes I wish I was more flamboyan then I wouldnt have to say it to anyone. The joys of being unstereotypically gay. Oh hey I'm new to these forums btw so if anyone wants to add me I'd love me a few MFP friends ;D

Welcome to MFP...and belated welcome to your outing! :)

There are many flavors of gay men (pun only partially intended). Fret not over being less flamboyant than others.

hehe thanks man glad to be here :)
  • Crys1217
    Options
    Wow; this sounds very similar to my story as well. The friend that gave me hardest time also identifies as gay now. It is so interesting.
  • Fineraziel
    Options
    I am bisexual, but I dont tell people because Im still affraid of consequences... Only my closest friends know (and people I dont know at all, like you guys on this forum! lol XD).

However, my husband once outted me to my mom. :( Im pretty sure he did it on purpose to hurt me... At the time, I had just broken up with him, and obviously he was mad at me! :P He knew very well that I didnt want my "secret" to be known, especially by my family... He tried to convince my mom I was a bad person, that I wanted to leave him because I prefer women... That may be true, but my mother didnt need to know about my sex life!!!! :P

I am still living with my husband today. Not by choice. This story is only one of the many reasons why I hate him.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    ^^ I'm bisexual, too and don't bring it up to everyone I meet, lol. It just doesn't come up in conversation, not that I'm hiding it. I'm lucky to live in a pretty tolerant place, and I'm pretty confident about my reputation. So even if I were outed by someone unintentionally, people who matter to me will second guess any (if they have any) negative beliefs they have about bisexuals, and I'm not going to stop anyone who's going to judge me based on a label from walking out the door.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I have never been outed nor have I outed someone, but I must say I was tempted to once before.
    I would never, under any circumstance, actually out someone, but this guy made me very upset.

Someone on facebook (it always starts with facebook...) posted on how they were excited prop 8 was repealed. A gay man I know (we will call him JJ) decided he was going to comment that gays were going to hell, etc. My best friend is a gay man and he and JJ had an on and off relationship. I simply sent JJ a private message saying I felt sorry for him for self hating, but he really shouldn't say such hurtful things about people he could relate to. More people knew (unfortunately) than he wanted knowing and others ended up outing him on that same thread, which was wrong of them. I have to say it bothered me, I can understand him not wanting people to know yet (the guy was still in high school), but to deliberately say mean things really isn't the smartest way to come across as not being gay-especially if people are already suspicious of you! Sadly, this is all too common. Some men and women live in denial their entire lives about it.
  • narrington77
    narrington77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well all of this is really recent.. but after ending my marriage of 6 years, i decided to be with my current girlfriend Liz. of course a surprise to most... however i kinda went out of my way to keep that from my dad for a little bit.. he was pretty upset about my break up and was kinda confused. he's a bleeding heart so he was sad for my ex-husband and i didn't want to spring this on him. Plus my dad has a lot of health problems i didn't wanna upset him further until he got over the split.

well after my brother found out b/c people called him asking, he decides instead of calling me, he calls my dad and tells him everything. my dad was upset and hurt that i didn't tell him. but the next day i was off from work so i surprised him at the park he walks at and we spent some time walking and talking and now he feels better.

however, i had a screaming fest with my brother for about an hour and a half that night. he was just hurt that he found out from the grapevine. i get it.. but thats not how adults handle things.
  • Banrion
    Banrion Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I was outed by my ex-girlfriend, she told her new boyfriend that I was bisexual, but left out the part about us dating of course. We were all on the same sports team in college and pretty soon I was getting weird stares in the locker room, or asked by guys to come 'hang-out' . Because being bisexual just means you are a nympho with no morals, one of the girls on the team confronted me yelling how could I go into a profession like teaching.