Being taught in the midst of teaching...

Hi, it has been a while since I have posted. For what it is worth, I felt inclined to share a little about what has been going on. Three weeks ago I had a health issue come up that left me feeling a bit concerned, so I set up multiple dr.'s appt. I wanted to keep a low profile on the issue so that if it turned out to be nothing, then I wouldn't have to explain myself so much. As if that makes any sense.
I have had xrays, blood tests, and ultra sounds done. PTL! Everything came back clean and clear of any possible signs of cancer.

I teach a 7th grade girls Sunday School class. So, the lesson this past Sunday was Joshua 22-24. It is basically about Joshuas farewell to the Eastern Tribes, and to the Isrealites. What caught my attention about this guy, is that even at 110 yo. he was postive, and upbeat. I thought wow! How awesome is that! To keep the focus on thanking God for the blessings he had given him and the people he served, even at the time of death.

As you all well know, that night was Super Bowl night. My dh was eager to watch it, not really for the game, but because everyone else will be watching it. He wanted to be able to talk to the guys at work about all the details of the game, re-playing each play (it seems like). Anyway, he went to bed about 10:30...in pain. Yep, chest pain. And yes, this along with other signs and symptoms were playing out. I had gone to bed at 9, and was sleeping hard, when I heard dh. I calmly told him he needed me to take him to the hospital. He agreed (which was a hard thing for him to do). After having to convince him to go to the hospital
we went. Diagnosis was that he had suffered a mild heart attack. They admitted him to the hospital for overnight stay, and then the series of procedures panned out from there. We were lucky this time. This was his second time of experiencing a heart attack. I am so grateful that he consented to go on to the hospital...even more so, since he was packing up that night to head out to Minneappolis on a business trip. So, during this week, I couldn't help but think back about how Joshua handled his farewell. I did my best to stay upbeat and positive while in the presence of dh at the hospital. Ok. I know I am not 110yo., so I haven't had as much time to practice that trait, but it really helped me through this tough week. It helped me help my dh.

So, I was working at being positive in that area, but there was another area in my life suffering alot of negative thoughts. I was feeling fat all week. I was emotionally drained, physically tired from such little sleep. Even though I was in my size 14 jeans (from a size 18!), they actually felt loose. But my weariness got the best of me in that area. I ate out alot this week, and wanted to make good choices, but my weariness called on me to give in a few times this week. However, I walked the stairs a few times during the day, and during lunch I would walk around the inside of the hospital. So, last night, on my way home from a school meeting for my youngest son (btw, dh went home Wed. ), I stopped at a clothing dept. store and went in and actually tried on the size 12 jeans. OMG! I was so suprised to see that I could zip them up and even button them...but I wouldn't dare go out of the dressing room with them on. They were just too tight. Anyway, just knowing that I could get into them just gave me such a positive boost. I still can't believe it. I thought I was doomed for sure, to never be able to get back into a size 12. And I can! And if I can do it, I know that others can do this too. You see, it just goes back to the positive talk that I mentioned earlier. It does a person so much good.
So, thanks for this opportunity to 'chat'/listen. Any prayers of healing for dh is greatly appreciated. Also, my daughter came home from work last night sick with the stomach flu. Please pray that dh doesn't get that either...he certainly doesn't need to get this during this time of healing. He starts back to work on Monday,
Dottie :)

Replies

• TerresaJ
    TerresaJ Posts: 187 Member
    What a good lesson for all of us. We get so focused on our own problems and issues so many times that we forget that God is GOOD....ALWAYS!
    Thanks for posting this. It's definitely good "food for thought" for the day. :)
    Terresa
  • 2bfit4life55
    2bfit4life55 Posts: 5 Member
    :happy: yes Terresa, God is truely good ALL the time. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Prayers for you and your family. Life is tough and I know I have to try to keep my positive on. It seems if I listen to the Christian station, get feeding from Joyce Meyers and Joel Osteen to remind me how Awesome our God is, it helps me to stay focused. I also have to try and count even the small blessings because sometimes we let them get by unnoticed.
    I am happy that your husband did make it to the doc and I pray that he will take care of himself to stay away from another.
    That is pretty terrific that you were Blessed to be able to get into a size 12. Keep up the good work. Hold your head high after all God made us to Love fully.