Diet/food question game-pop quiz

Options
anchorageb2
anchorageb2 Posts: 55 Member
Rules: Persons who gets the right answers get to ask a pop diet or food question of any kind as long as it is modest. Yes its ok to guess because that is what makes it fun.You may ask as many as you like as long as you eventually provide a response to a correct guess or provide an answer.
1.What Disease made scientist research nutrition and what was the cure?

2.Scientist experiment on humans still by using what food to see how much they know or getting close to having answers and hospitals use it?

3.High Blood pressure and heart disease originally was Published to occur from fatty foods but recently found out it could be controlled by eating more of what?

4.As long as the new fake foods were engineered to be nutritionally equivalent to the real article, they could no longer be considered fake.Which is why we are eating plastic called margarine. What is a label to convince you to buy there product and it will be better for you?

5.In your stomach there is What that digest your food. they grow/lesson or get stronger/weaker depending on what you eat. Depending on there strength/quantity depends on how well or how much nutrition they can extract from a food. Depending on the foods growth and care depends on how much nutrition can be extracted. What are they/is it?

6.Pigs and chickens are force fed to increase what brain stimulating ingredient instead of encouraging people to eat fish to get it?

Replies

• anchorageb2
    Options

1.What Disease made scientist research nutrition and what was the cure?
    Scabies and they made vitamins for the cure
    2.Scientist experiment on humans still by using what food to see how much they know or getting close to having answers and hospitals use it?
    Baby Formula
    3.High Blood pressure and heart disease originally was Published to occur from fatty foods but recently found out it could be controlled by eating more of what?
    Vegetables and fruits
    4.As long as the new fake foods were engineered to be nutritionally equivalent to the real article, they could no longer be considered fake.Which is why we are eating plastic called margarine. What is a label to convince you to buy there product and it will be better for you?
    Fat-Free, With{fill in some vitamin here}
    5.In your stomach there is What that digest your food. they grow/lesson or get stronger/weaker depending on what you eat. Depending on there strength/quantity depends on how well or how much nutrition they can extract from a food. Depending on the foods growth and care depends on how much nutrition can be extracted. What are they/is it?
    Bacteria and digestive enzymes
    6.Pigs and chickens are force fed to increase what brain stimulating ingredient instead of encouraging people to eat fish to get it?
    Omega 3
  • anchorageb2
    Options
    What food is stored in a bin for 6 months to make sure all poisons have leeched out of it.?
    Hint Farmers grow it in circles and spray it with a toxin so bad that if the pipe breaks they have to wait 5 days after toxins released to fix it and will let crop wither and die. Most of these farmers families use strong water filters on there faucets in hopes to not ingest the insecticides that may have contaminated there water.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Olives.

Other than from a supplement, what is one of the best ways a Vegan or Raw Foodie can get enough B12 in their diet?
  • escape4asecond
    Options
    Nutritional Yeast?
  • LordBezoar
    Options
    Winner winner chicken dinner!

erm, I suppose that, given the question, it would be "chick'n" not "chicken" but anyhow....

What's your question?
  • escape4asecond
    Options
    Which has more calories per gram...PROTEIN or CARBOHYDRATES?
  • LordBezoar
    Options
    Neither. Each averages about 4 Calories per gram. Fats, on the other hand, average 9 Calories per gram--which is where the majority of meats get most of their calories.

~~~ • ~~~

Which of these contains the least amount of protein?

Avocado
    Lentils
    Coconut
    Quinoa
  • escape4asecond
    Options
    Depends on how much you eat of each of the items. I've placed them in Lowest to Highest based on number of calories per gram of protein:

1 c. shredded raw coconut=283 calories=3g protein,
    1 c. cubed avocado=240 calories=3g protein
    1 c. cooked quinoa=222 caloires=8g protein
    1 c. cooked lentils=230 calories=a whoppin' 18g protein

So, based on that info, I would say coconut barely loses the protein contest, but not by much.
  • LordBezoar
    Options
    :)
  • escape4asecond
    Options
    Why shouldn't you eat some legumes raw?
  • LordBezoar
    Options
    They contain lectins, saponins or protease inhibitors that are bad news for our hormonal and immune system. Soaking, rinsing, and then cooking removes these harmful things. As a side note, there is a similar issue with most nuts and seeds--which is why it is a good idea to soak and then dehydrate your nuts (for crunch).

~ • ~

Which is the best source of calcium: 1 Serving of Milk, 1 Serving of Bok Choy (Chinese Cabbage), or 1 Serving of Tofu?
  • escape4asecond
    Options
    Interesting results. The milk was higher "per serving" but with volume taken into account (or maybe it was weight) the tofu had almost twice as much. I never knew that.
  • LordBezoar
    Options
    I was surprised as well. As for the bok choy, gram for gram it is on par with cow's milk where calcium is concerned.
  • escape4asecond
    Options
    I guess I missed that about the bok choy. I probably didn't pay attention to the weights. Makes you think about meat and dairy in a new way!! I guess if we really plan our meals out, we could get some seriously balanced and loaded nutrition with just plant foods.

I know myself though, and know that I wouldn't take the time to figure it all out (and I'm really not a veggie lover, so that makes it really hard).

Here's a hard food quiz question: If I could only eat one food group, based on comfort/taste, what would I choose?? (and what would you choose??)

I know this doesn't conform to the OP's original intention...but it looks like we're the only one's playing ;)
  • LordBezoar
    Options
    I never replied to this!

Ummm.... I'm going to say Bread? Yes, I think I am going to say bread.
  • escape4asecond
    Options
    Hey, did you cheat by looking at my diary? You got it right!!!! I LOVE almost every kind of BREAD!!!

I have no idea what else to ask. I know so little about food...just that I like to eat and I'm trying very hard to get more veggies and fruits into my diet, eat less junk, and stop overeating! It's so hard, but I'm slowly winning the battle.

I really appreciate having friends like you on MFP to keep me motivated. Sometimes the only reason I log is to get a "way to go, Chica!" so THANKS!

And, I think you are right that this is a lost cause for a group! :( Luckily we know WE aren't lost causes!! Thanks for trying because you've already taught me some things about nutrition I'd have never learned on my own!