Foods you swear by!

Options
GouchisGirl
GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
Are there any foods that you eat on a regular basis that you SWEAR lol contribute to your weight loss? I have 3......

1. Oranges (We already know they are filling and burn more then they are worth calorie wise)

2. Sweet potatoes (Slow burning carb, keeps you full longer)

3. Oatmeal (ZERO sodium and Cholesterol free) and/or Multigrain Cheerios (Good for your heart ;) (Oats are already proven to aid in healthy weight loss)

Those are my 3...... what are yours? :smile:

Replies

• MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have any...or haven't found thee food because my weight is stuck! I do however feel that since starting to eat lots and lots of fruits I feel a lot more "cleaner" even my skin tone has changed. yippee.
  • starcrystal3
    starcrystal3 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I don't know if the foods contribute to my weight loss, but things that have kept me satisfied, full or better versions of what I used to eat include:

Oatmeal - as Angie stated, filling and heart friendly
    Eggs - A couple times a week, I'd include these in breakfast, usually boiled, sometimes scrambled or an omelet
    Popcorn - as a snack to satisfy a craving
    Tea/Coffee - they satisfy my taste cravings (for starbucks type beverages) but without the added calories, fat, etc
    Spinach- I just liked to add this to all sorts of things - omelets, sandwiches, salads, etc
    Spaghetti Squash - this and other squashes are a great filler that can be used in a variety of recipes, including spaghetti!
    Francesco Rinaldi To Be Healthy pasta sauces - I've tried to find better versions of foods I used to eat, and I LOVE spaghetti
    Sara Lee 45 cal bread - another 'better' version in which I can still have toast or a sandwich!

I'm sure I have more; I've really learned to enjoy and appreciate food :)
  • theresabugx
    theresabugx Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    mine are
    Lowfat cottage cheese- alittle higher in the sodium area but good for protein
    Nuts: healthy fat
    Non fat greek yogurt- high in protein
  • Momma2fourunder5
    Momma2fourunder5 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have 2 things that I'm sure contribute:
    1.) My bacon and egg breakfast. On the mornings that I can find time to fry a couple peices of bacon and a couple of overeasy eggs, I always feel fuller longer and I almost always see a drop in my weight the next day. (I'm one of "THOSE" people that does the terrible weighing yourself daily thing;)
    2.) COFFEE!! I'm sure I must be addicted, but it boosts my energy when I'm not wanting to work out, and it's also a great snack for me when I'm feeling a little hungry in-between meals. Drink a cup of coffee, with a little of your favorite sweetener and it will fill your tummy and help stop any sweet cravings you might be having:)
  • Momma2fourunder5
    Momma2fourunder5 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    mine are
    Lowfat cottage cheese- alittle higher in the sodium area but good for protein
    Nuts: healthy fat
    Non fat greek yogurt- high in protein
    Wish we could get that greek yogurt in Mexico! Everyone talks about it!!
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Green tea - it boost your metabolism
    Greek yogurt - it has tons of protein and keeps me fuller than other yogurts.

I think that's about it. SamandJacksMom, you can make it at home. My friend did a blog post about it once... I'll see if I can find it and send it to you. He was working from home for a while and just kept making yogurt all the time.
  • theresabugx
    theresabugx Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Green tea - it boost your metabolism
    Greek yogurt - it has tons of protein and keeps me fuller than other yogurts.

I think that's about it. SamandJacksMom, you can make it at home. My friend did a blog post about it once... I'll see if I can find it and send it to you. He was working from home for a while and just kept making yogurt all the time.

sounds cool sherie, i'd love to see how to make it yourself