South-East Wisconsin Ladies meet-up???

Options
Hello ,
I am looking for other ladies in or around my area who would like to start a social group. I have weight to lose, and it would be nice to hangout with other ladies in my boat. I am 25, and looking for motivation and friends that understand the need to lose the weight. This is just an idea, I really just know that I need to get out of the house, becuase it is so easy to sit on the couch and stay in. Let me know what you all think, I am in Hartford, WI. It doesnt have to be a workout group, or it can be, I am brainstorming here. It can be like a book club, once a month for motivation, and just chat and have a good time. Ideas would be most welcome....
Lisa xoxo

Replies

• stevielee_86
    stevielee_86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Where in South-East Wisconsin? I am in Janesville.
  • beckywilkeherbst
    beckywilkeherbst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am in the Fox Valley. If you moved a bit North I would be interested. :-)
  • katiebot
    Options
    I'm in Madison!
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Im in Milwaukee
  • Exna
    Exna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Waukesha !
  • goalie35
    goalie35 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm in Madison!

I'm in the Madison area!
  • drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm in Sheboygan. What we should do is plan a walk for a cause some place.
  • Moxie_Killjoy
    Options
    I'm a newbie here from Menomonee Falls.
  • Moxie_Killjoy
    Options
    I'm in Sheboygan. What we should do is plan a walk for a cause some place.

I always plan to walk for one of the Alzheimers groups which is in October.....just never seem to get the motivation. :cry:
  • jsc4him
    jsc4him Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am new here as well. I live in West Bend. I love nature. There are alot of beautiful trails in the area, especially the Ice Age trail. We could meet up once a month and do a walk on a trail somewhere. The Holy Hill area has a few trails that are amazing any time of the year.....lots of hills too! : )
  • Lisa4030
    Options
    I really like the idea of getting together and going somewhere different, maybe one time a month. I do like the trail Ideas, I am in Hartford, and I have Pike Lake state park with really nice trails and I would love to host a healthy lunch at my house after or we can bring a healthy picnic. Any other Ideas in socializing please do share. We could try something differnt every time....like yoga in the park or Tai Chi for a relaxing meet up, a healty cooking night where everyone brings there fav healthy dish to share, or even a night out. i dont mind traveling a little bit to get somewhere, and locals could car pool if they want. I would love to walk thru Madisons healthy and fresh farmers markets, a nice walk and then we hit that up. I would like to start narrowing down what everyone would be open for, if we plan this it will happen, and then we can get healthy together, it is so much better and way more fun, if there are more people in this journey instead of just one. ......Please share your Ideas,
    I am excited there is interest and feedback,
    Elizabeth Lang (lisa),
    xoxoxo
  • LadyW1nger
    LadyW1nger Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm from West Bend and would love to meet up sometime as well!
  • jsc4him
    jsc4him Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm all for hiking! :)
  • lclowe0808
    lclowe0808 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies...I'm in Waukesha and this sounds like a great idea!!!:flowerforyou:
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,449 Member
    Options
    Mukwonago area here! Sounds like fun.
  • mkejenn
    mkejenn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OMG...this is EXACTLY what I need in my life! I'm a newbie in Waukesha & need to make new friends who are struggling with the same issues. So excited to see your post! :)
  • Kkramer26
    Options
    North prairie and yesssss
  • katfeet
    Options
    Kenosha...yes please! Is this group still active??
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm in Burlington. And depending on where in SE Wisc, I'm game for some sort of ladies night. I'm in Burlington.
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,449 Member
    Options
    All we need to do is figure out when and where! I'm game for something also.