Finding time....

Options
krea4
krea4 Posts: 1,816 Member
I'm a mum of 3. Worked full-time in middle management (also a teacher) until my youngest was 2 years old. Absolutely crazy - felt I wasn't able to do anything as well as I wanted to because I had either too much to do or lacked energy or motivation after a 10 hour day.
Luckily I could afford to go part-time 5 years ago - life changing! Felt better about everything. Wasn't as snappy with the kids and could now find time for myself (guilt free). Started with a regular Yoga class - straight after work so no going home and getting caught up with everything going on and then not going. Now I am hooked.
It got even better with all 3 kids in school. Started cycling once a week, then last year my friend signed me up for a 5K race. So 3 days a week training on a 0 to 5K in 8 weeks. That felt great. Now training for a half marathon in september.

Still finding it hard to find the time to do everything, now know I have to make time for the things that are important.
AND as I tell my kids MUM's are the BEST (and they know everything) :happy:

Replies

• KMPOWELL79
    KMPOWELL79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    sounds good, im in training for a 10K in march,,,plus i decided to train a few of my friends at school. but at my convienence. Im so knackered thou and starving hungry but im sure its just craving more food. Il stick to this for 12 weeks so im hoping to gain some much needed energy. I love yoga but theres no decent classes in masterton. I went to HOT YOGA in wellington once OMG it was soooooo good. I felt so cleansed!!!! good luck keep it up x heres hopeing i can too
  • krishamisha
    krishamisha Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi

As soon as I saw this group for busy mums I thought I have to join!

but then I noticed no one has posted for a few weeks ... Or more....

Guess we're all too busy. :laugh:

Anyway feel free to add me :smile:

With work/kids/life I find it really hard to find the time to exercise.
  • xxXcaraXxx
    xxXcaraXxx Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello are you still doing this group :)