San Antonio: I changed my life in 12 weeks

cczap80
cczap80 Posts: 48 Member
I am a fluffy girl from SATX, and in October of 2009 I started a 12wk journey that changed my life! I joined a 12 week weight loss challenge at work. I didn't think it would work like all the other times, but this time was different. I changed my eating habits, gave up all fast food and actually worked out. In 12wks I lost 24 lbs and thought "I'm not done yet!". Now just over a yr later, I am almost 60 lbs lighter and happier. I have not hit my overall goal, but I am getting there. Now I am running the weight loss challenge for my co-workers! What about you? How did you reach your turning point? Love to hear your successes!

Replies

• I live about 1 hour south of San Antonio. I have lost a total of 46 lbs. since July 2011. I too am not at my goal weight yet. Going through a struggle right now to get back on board. I am trying to convince others including my husband to get healthier. I have run 3- 5k's so far and would love to do more. Congrats on the weight loss!!!!!

10371238.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Yep, I'm not quite at goal yet, but I am getting close. I am so much happier and healthier.

I live in SA! :)
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    I'm not to my long term goal yet, but I have 8 pounds to get to my short term goal, which is to weigh 250pounds. I'll get there, hopefully by may, but I'll get there. I too am in S.A.
  • cczap80
    cczap80 Posts: 48 Member
    Ladies, you will do awesome! Just keep going and stay strong. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change!! Be the change you want to see!
  • I was originally 203 & started loosing weight in Oct 2011. I have lost 30 lbs & enjoy wearing my clothes more comfortable now. I moved to SA about 4yrs ago & love, love Mexican food but I have gained more weight than ever leaving here. I started using this website to really watch my calories & enjoy it. I have changed by way of eating & started exercising more. So glad to hear that everyone has a goal & we WILL reach it!!
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    dang girl, that is awesome. i lost 12 lbs but i could have lost more if i had behaved more. i got in a car accident and i'm working towards getting back on track. hard to do when it feels better to pick up food than cook. thanks for the motivation everyone.
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Congrats. Your story is awesome.