Is Marriage What You Expected?

Options
Why or why not?

Replies

• sadye58
    Options
    Yes, to some degree it is. I never realized how exhausting it can be to be needed by everybody else (husband & daughter) and lose yourself in the process. I'm trying my best to keep myself looking and feeling good for me. I told myself I do not want to be the "fat mom". It's challenaging but so worth it I love my family. I realize i had to let go of trying to keep the house perfect, cooking every night, and participate in every function somebody in my family throws. I had to set back and reevalute what's most important to me God, My immediate family, family and friends etc... I am so blessed i have a God fearing husband and he treats me with the utmost respect. Sometimes we just need to stop and count our blessings. I have so many single friends who would love to be married but are not.
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yes i am so blessed to be married and others treat you with much respect if you are married!
    It can be tiring soimetime's though as'' sadye58'' already mentioned because it is not anymore about you alone but as a wife, you have to try to put husband and the kid's first and if they are happy you are happy! my husband treat me with respect and that make it easy for me to take care of my duties as a wife! How about you?
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    It is at I expected in some ways. I thought that it would feel different in some ways, but really life just went on as normal. (we lived together before we got married). I expected that I would feel like more of the family with my inlaws as well, but that feels the same too. The closeness we have now is nice though, and I think getting married made that connection stronger.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Suprisingly yes. I figured I would fight a little, laugh, cry, & the list goes on. It feels a lot like any close relationship I've had except more physical and emotional then others.
  • liegeygirl
    liegeygirl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late to this post, but I wanted to give my take on marriage. Yes, marriage is exactly what I thought it was. Since I was one of those traditional girls that stayed home until I got married, I ended up moving into a complete bachelor's pad. So I knew that, but as we've been living together, we have become so close. We were together 5 years before he proposed and we've been together 10 years total. We have our ups and downs, but I love it. He may get on my nerves and do stuff I think is senseless, but I wouldn't take anything for it. He is truly my best-friend!!