Students and Valentine's Day

Options
What are you doing with your kiddies for Valentine's Day?

Replies

• mquickel
    mquickel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    We make a day out of it! I found this really cool site on pinterest: http://kids.aol.com/KOL/2/koljrstories/archive/arthur-stories

It has online books to show the kids, and we are watching Arthur's Valentine tomorrow during literacy. We are also doing an "I love you like....______" (where the kids make comparisons)...hmm in math we do a candy heart graph and data sheet. We are making heart bracelets with fun sayings on them. I also really like to have the kids write what they think love means.. There are so many more, I just can't think of any right now!

What are you doing?
  • happilyeveractive
    happilyeveractive Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    How cute! Holidays are really down played in our school due to the curriculum we used and pretty much our "no time for fun" theory. It kind of ruins it for kids.

However, I used sweethearts to do a graphing activity and sort of switched my math schedule around to do problem solving yesterday instead of on Fridays. I also had them make cards in a center, and a few weeks back we did Valentine's for soldiers. Wish we were allowed more time for fun!