healthy options from a chinese takeaway

Options
I am having friends round tonight and we are having a chinese, i was wondering what were some of the more healthy options, I know a lot of stuff is stir fried but I imagine a lot of butter etc is used, any ideas would be great

Replies

• lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure chinese takeaways do healthy options but reckon the best would be a chicken and veg meal with steamed rice. Enjoy!
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    chicken chow mein isnt too bad :) look it up in the foods :)
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    I had a Chinese on Friday night, I went for chicken & mushroom as I figured that would be one of the better options :frown:

There's a list I just found http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/chinese-take-away you could use as a rough guess :smile:
  • boobook1
    Options
    chicken chow mian tends to be a good one - according to the claories programmed in on the food diary!
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144
    Options
    What about bamboo shoots & water chestnuts? That ought to be fairly healthy? I'd go for steamed rather than fried rice and chicken based dishes.

Probably best to enjoy having your friends round and not worry too much about one night, but not go overboard! :smile:
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    And make sure you drink a lot of water to counteract the MSG - I find it makes me really thirsty.
  • garza71
    Options
    some great ideas, thanks
  • PeggysDad
    Options
    Chicken egg foo yung, at least there's plenty of protein in there.
  • TeeferTiger
    TeeferTiger Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Lowest "Syns" wise on Slimming World is Chicken Chow Mein I believe. But it depends whether yours comes dry or with sauce and whether your chinese cooks everything until it's dripping with grease or not lol
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Chop Suey is the best you can have as it's like chow mein but without the noodles. However my local Chinese doesn't do it unfortunately, so I tend to go for chow mein but only have half a portion as a whole one is too filling. Overall - just enjoy yourself and don't worry too much :)
  • martinking1983
    Options
    I usually go for Chicken Fried Rice, its about 600kcals per serving... Very tasty too! :)