Introduction

Options
2»

Replies

• shazzam05
    Options
    Hi All
    I am a RN working in a public hospital in Qld Australia. Currently work in Day Procedure. Blended family of 5 kids now all adults and 3.2 grandbabies. I work full time and the only project I am working on this year is me. Looking to lose about 120 lbs (if my conversion from kgs to lbs is correct) so far down 7 lbs. Yay me... Just need to keep reminding myself I didn't put it on overnight so I won't get it off overnight.. but I WILL GET IT OFF.

Great to meet you all
  • Jessifer123
    Options
    LPN working in substance abuse. I can always use motivation, feel free to add me and I will do the same :flowerforyou:
  • Nickwa76
    Nickwa76 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey all :)

No so sure what to call myself....I am currently working in the NHS in Public Health as a Smoking Cessation Advisor (helping people to stop smoking), but for last >8 years have worked in General Practice in UK as an overqualified and underpaid ( aren't we all?) Heathcare Assistant. Having dealt with Diabetics, hypertensives, stroke patients and lot and lots of respiratory (COPD,Emphysema etc) I decided to give up smoking 3.5 years ago...but kinda left the "weight" issue alone, until now!!

Looks like I am booked very soon for elective Gastric bypass- which I was hoping to avoid...but MFP has been helpful over the past 3 months, I have shifted 20lbs, with over 160lbs still to lose, this is not a diet, this is a lifestyle change.

Good luck all- we can inspire our patients with our sucesses!
  • bewilder82
    bewilder82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am a direct support professional for developmental disabled individuals. My days can sometimes be challenging and stressful... I am trying to get more physically and mentally fit to feel good about myself and in doing so will be able to provide better support to the people I serve :)
  • adhamilton11
    Options
    Hello everyone, My name is Amber, I am a CNA in nursing school (half way through with my LPN course). A mother to a beautiful 9 month old baby girl. Gained some weight before pregnancy, and LOTS with my pregnancy, trying to lose it and get to where I need to be. I have always been a thicker girl, hoping to change that, So far down 10 lbs!

Hoping this group gives good support, feel free to add me as a friend! Also good luck to everyone with your weight lose endevours!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am an LVN working on a Med - Surg unit. I float to the ER occasionally. I have tons of wt to lose, be together we will be successful. It's nice to meet y'all!
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Shelley.
    I'm a Social Worker (MSW) and I'm working on my LCSW.
    I am an addictions counselor with the Miccosukee Tribe of Indians of Florida.

My job is very stressful and I feel that the amount of stress I have hinders my weight loss.
    I work hard, both at my job and on my health. Looking forward to getting to know you all.
  • kellicrandall
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am a medical social worker (BSW, LSW) in a Catholic hospital in Indiana. I work full time and go to school part time working on my Masters in Social Work. (MSW). I have three grown children and three adorable granddaughters, so my life is very full. I started my weight loss in December and as of today I am down 21 lbs. Looking forward to belonging to this group!
  • sherden24
    sherden24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I joined this group tonight! I am a Licensed Social Worker with a Master's of Christian Counseling at a nursing facility. I stay busy busy busy! My husband is a pastor and we have a 10 year old who keeps us on our toes. Using MFP and my fitbit to help me lose some weight.
  • tnragin
    tnragin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Tammi. I am a Radiography Tecnologist in Houston. I see first hand what fat looks like and how it makes medical treatment more difficult. A look at my own chest x-ray was a big wake up call.

I have two children for whom I want to be a positive role model. Most importantly, I want them to learn healthy eating and exercise as a part of everyday life and not something they resolve to do every January.
  • Jamidi
    Jamidi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. I am a Radiologic Technologist that works in the Cath Lab. My scheduled shift is during the day but I have to take call and as we all know, most emergencies happen at night. So, I can go multiple days with only getting 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night. I have absolutely no consistent schedule. This makes it nearly impossible to set out on a workout routine but I'm trying.
    Personally, I'm the mom to 3 wonderful kids and I've been married for 14 years. In September, I will also be starting my Masters in Healthcare Administration.
  • Bevx1979
    Bevx1979 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, My name is Beverly. I work for mid-size hospital in diagnostic imaging as a RT(R) Registered Radiologic Technolgist. I been doing xrays for almost 7 years and absolutely LOVE it!! I used to work 3p-11p in the ED but in about 3yrs ago I moved to a more stable and calmer environment at an outpatient imaging center. I really miss the "big house" with its excitement, variety and traumas but M-F is better suited for my family. I am glad to meet so many other healthcare professionals. We, as a group, have some very unique challenges. It is wonderful to hear all the different stories. As one the previous entries mentioned, in xray we get to see what fat looks like and how difficult it is to care for/image the obese patient. I DO NOT want to be one of my patients. Time to get my *kitten* in gear!!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    I'm a LCSW in NY at a state inpatient psychiatric facility. I just started this new job in January after working in an outpatient MICA program for eight years as a therapist. It's been a challenge and I'm still not 100% sure I like this new job, so it takes its toll on me emotionally and physically by way of loss of motivation and poor eating habits. Glad to find some people with similar challenges to talk to!
  • PsiChi
    PsiChi Posts: 157
    Options
    Hello!

I was a licensed EMT-I for the State of New Mexico and now I am in college to be a doctor at the University of New Mexico. I have 2yrs until medical school but I am in the BA-MD program so I am guaranteed a spot! :D Anyway, right now I am looking at either neurology or psychiatry to be my specialty; however, I am currently shadowing an ER doctor and an orthopedic surgeon so we’ll see what happens. :)
  • pollybeebe
    Options
    hi i am new to this group and the others that I have signed up for, I am an EMT, Registered medical assistant and former cna as well as doing some (little volunteer) firefighting
  • jiz35
    jiz35 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm a radiographer living in Pafos, Cyprus but originally from Scotland. I've lost 17kg since mid June with around the same still to go.