intro

Options
this challenge starts 02/15/2012 and ends march 15 make sure to wrk out to see if we can all lose weight. and if u have any ideas or foods we should eat please post and help each other out. I can't wait and plz post what your goal is to lose during this challenge.. mine is 5-7 lbs i am 146 so i hope i can say i made it to the 30s lol good luck

Replies

• Refilwe24
    Options
    Hi There,

My name is Refilwe, thanks for creating the challenge, i bought the dvds a while ago and i havent been using them since. I like walking but can only do that in the afternoon, this will motivate me to wake up one hour early and do my zumba exercise. I would like to lose at least 10kgs/22 lbs during this time, combining my walking exercise with zumba. A friend of mine lost 13.5kgs/30 lbs just doing zumba 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon. Good luck :)
  • chennette
    chennette Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Refilwe,

I am there with you.I want to shed at least 20-25lbs. I just told my son I need to add another exerciseto see results. I am here for allof us. Let's doit!
    Hi There,

My name is Refilwe, thanks for creating the challenge, i bought the dvds a while ago and i havent been using them since. I like walking but can only do that in the afternoon, this will motivate me to wake up one hour early and do my zumba exercise. I would like to lose at least 10kgs/22 lbs during this time, combining my walking exercise with zumba. A friend of mine lost 13.5kgs/30 lbs just doing zumba 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon. Good luck :)
  • chennette
    chennette Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Excellent!

My is Chennette and I just started taking Zumba class at the elementary schoo lacross the street from my house. I have attended two sessions and tonight my body aches....but feels great! I loved myself tonight by attending the class. I want to lose a minimum of 20lbs. I am going to have to find a store to purchase the tapes for tomorrow which is my son's 20th birthday. What a gift? Anyone know where I can buy the dvd?
  • oandh920
    Options
    Hi all, think this is a great idea! My husband bought me Zumba on the Wii last September and I have only managed to do it once! I work full time and always busy at home with family etc, so never any time for me! Think it is time to change that now. I am off work this week as schools on a half term break so should be able to keep you all up to date. I will also try really hard next week when back at work to log on in the evenings.
    I have only just joined today so this is all new to me. I am 44 years old and weigh 172lbs! Heaviest I have ever been! :(
  • oandh920
    Options
    p.s my name is Debbie
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba every day for the last 15 days (I think 15 anyway) and it's great but killing me lol. I will restart my 30 day challenge just to join in:laugh:
  • sharby65
    Options
    I'm Sharon and I have been doing Zumba on a regular basis for about 3 years now and I LOVE it! Overall I've dropped a few sizes! I'm not sure about weight loss because I haven't been very committed to "trying" to lose weight but I've decided to get back on track to lose the pounds also! For anyone who has not tried Zumba yet, don't get discouraged if you have trouble keeping up in class ~~ just keep moving and have fun with it! You'll get the moves eventually!! Good luck everyone!
  • kimistry35
    kimistry35 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORN LADIES MY NAME IS KIMISTRY AN I STARTED ZUMBA LAST YEAR AN JUST FELL IN LUV WITH IT........FEEL FREE TO ADD ME ....
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm in for sure...Love zumba for wii and I have 1 & 2, so I will mix those up...I'm gonna say I would like to lose 15 lbs by 3/15....of course I'll take more, but 15 for me, I would b thrilled:drinker:

exercise.png
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I workout with a Zumba group 2-3x per week, but my DVD set just arrived yesterday and I'm ready to get this challenge on. I got my spot all set up to workout. My goal is to do 70 mins per day of just Zumba. I have gained and lost weight so many times that my body resists now. I have 5 kids so sometimes its hard to get my exercise in everyday, so I might need a kick in the butt some or those days! : ) Well with that said I'm ready to get started.

SW @ 5'5 is 214
    GW @ 30 days is 199
  • stephkyp
    Options
    I'M IN - I HAVE THE SUMBA FOR WII THAT KIDS GOT ME AS A GIFT - SOME HIP AND KNEE [ROBLEMS BUT I CAN WORK AROUND IT - GOAL IS 6 POUNDS FOR THIS MONTH OF ZUMBA (THERE. . . . .I SAID IT )
  • 2wawas
    2wawas Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Catharine here. I love Zumba for Wii....do it religiously at least 4 times/week. Leaving tomorrow for 3 weeks vacation but am taking my Wii with me can you believe it?? While my husband and our friends are golfing, I will be doing Zumba and Wii yoga!!!!
  • lovelytr
    lovelytr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Tamika and I've been doing Zumba on and off. I take zumba classes every Thursday so this should be fun.. I also own Zumba on wii and I like to do those when my kids are in bed(4 girls). That's my ME time. I am looking to lose a total of about. 35 pounds total but within the next month 10 or more will do. Good Luck Everyone!
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I recently gained the 17 lbs i lost on mfp, so started all over. i am aiming to lose at least 10 lbs before i go for my wedding gown shopping on the 8th of march in london. wish me luck. i love zumba
  • Sarah0ne
    Sarah0ne Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just went to my very 1st Zumba Class this Monday ... It was sooo much fun
  • AmazonIcePrincess
    Options
    one of the foods that i have changed too is hamburger meat to ground turkey i can tell u right now that not only is it cheaper its meatier as well and u cant tell a difference in the taste and also i eat leaner meats than what i used to eat if i get like a honey glazed ham from the store i dont eat the honey glaze on the ham i get rid of it but i bake the ham in the oven at 325 or 250 for like 5- 6 hours or more til its just falling off the bone and when i buy it i get the leanest one i can find and then i put in salads or eat it with brown rice and black eyed peas as my veggie but i eat more lean meats and veggies and a complex carbohydrate like the brown rice and also i use shakeology and replace one meal a day with that which is normally breakfast and then a light lunch and a sensible dinner and like a small snack like pistachios during the day if i get hungry and i drink bout 4 bottled waters a day and i have a vitamin regimin that i do as well in the morning and one vitamin that i take right after i eat dinner in the evening if u have any ?'s please feel free to ask
  • DessertDreamer
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I have been doing zumba fitness 2 on the Wii at least 3-4 times a week for over a month now and also take a zumba class at my local gym every monday. I hope to lose at least 5 pounds by the end of this challenge!

Starting weight: 147.9
  • vleon090687
    Options
    hi everyone plz look at the discussion and reply everyday to the topic... today was day one!!
  • itsmaymee
    Options
    Hi eveyone! My name is Amy and I am really excited for this challenge. My husband bought me Zumba for the Wii since I can't ever seem to find a class that fits my hectic schedule. I just joined a weight loss challenge at work and this is exactly what I need to help me along the way. My goal for this challenge is 10lbs. I know it's a lot, but it's possible. I lost 4 in the first week so 10 more over the next 4 should be reasonable.

Good luck everyone!!!
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I bought Zumba for the Wii and I'm going to use it tonight and plan to take a short walk with my dog. Is there any stipulation on how long we do Zumba?

My starting weight is 273. I'd like to lose 15 lbs. by March 15.