new here and starting crossfit

Options
hey eveyone i thought i would intruduce my self my name is james im 30 years old and on september 25 of 2011 i stepped on a scale and realized i was 242 pounds and i was so mad at myself cause it was all my fault so i buckled down started working out and learning about nutrition now i am 172 pounds in just 5 months now i have set a new challenge for myself and started doing crossfit if you don't know what it is just do a search on youtube i also started the paleo diet my new goal is to just get to look like the athlete i have always wanted to be by trainning like one i am going to be doing vlogs on youtube showing my progress and how its going and what i am eating please add me i could really use some motivation on those hard days

Replies

• jessie_rose24
    Options
    Welcome James,

First, congrats on the weight loss thus far! Second, glad you are looking into Crossfit to help you with your fitness level. Best thing to do when you are first getting started is look for a local affiliate and see if they offer an on-ramp or intro class to help you learn the movements that are used frequently during WOD's. Also some say it's better to not change your eating pattern drastically (starting paleo) in the first few months of crossfit... it's enough of a shock to your body...adding the nutrition shock might make you feel like crap! Just one thought on that... at my gym my coach encourages people to just clean up their diet a bit when first starting CF then gradually getting to the point (between 3-6 months, depending on the progress) to where they can really get into Paleo if that's what they want to do.

Welcome aboard!
  • animatej24
    Options
    thanks so much for the great advice i am actually doing cross fit at my house i have outfitted my garage into a box for crossfit its preatty cool and i have to say i started doing the full paleo diet about 2 weeks ago and i love it so much it is great becuase you are restricted if you feel hungry you can eat as long as the foods are paleo and it helps me get my protien in so much better i have to admit i hated whey protein shakes lol