The Begining

Options
For a while now I have wanted to make a change in my life, at almost 235 lbs, growing by the second, at the age of only 26, today with tears in my eyes I watched Dr. Phil (which I never watch) I little wishing rock with an angel of hope that had been given to me as a gift fell out of my pocket onto the floor and I had a feeling that this method may just be the one. So it has been ordered and should be here in the next 9 days. Cant wait!

Replies

• keciaaaaa
    keciaaaaa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    how much wait have you lost so far, i just ordered mines .
  • TNGAL3
    TNGAL3 Posts: 4
    Options
    So how is the progress going. I am on Day 2 Reset. Having sweet cravings some headaches. I have lost 1 lbs. I am sure it is water weight, but I will take it.
  • lizzyliz79
    lizzyliz79 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8 reset, down 10 lbs! Can't believe it! It is difficult to stick to, but worth it. Also, the headaches and sugar cravings are almost gone. But I am hungry a lot of the time. Give me a weight loss program where you aren't hungry all the time, though :)
    How is everyone else doing?
  • ReedMyLips
    Options
    This was day 7 of my reset and I've lost 6 pounds so far. I'm a little nervous about starting the workout part in another week. According to the book it's 35 minutes for the first three weeks, 55 for the next 3, and 75 for the last three (yes, on the Dr. Phil show they said the work outs are only 20, 30, and 40 minutes respectivly, however when you read the book you will see that you are actually supposed to do TWO workouts per day, whatever phase you are on + a 15 minute routine from the Bonus CD).

I'm NOT a morning person and I have school in the evenings, but I guess I will have to start making myself get up earlier to get these workouts in..."it's only 9 weeks...it's only 9 weeks". That will be my mantra :)

Has anyone started the workouts yet??
  • jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just started Phase 1 workouts...a bit challenging at first but they are easy to follow, show a beginner alternation & tell you to go at your own pace, no pressure on yourself. I workout in the morning but you can split the workouts if you find you don't have enough time for both.
    I love Pink! Lost 10 pounds on Reset and feel amazing! Those just starting, hang in there! I went through the headaches too & it will pass....and when it does you'll see it was worth it!
  • lizzyliz79
    lizzyliz79 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    OK, I have to say, this diet doesn't leave much room for variety. If I have to eat another piece of boring 4 oz chicken or fish with steamed veggies or salad, I may puke. I think I might get a little more creative once I start phase 1....
  • adj672
    adj672 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm debating whether to start this diet because I know I do not stick to diets. I hate to waste money I don't have. I am reading these post and see that you guys are having headaches and other side effects and it makes me even more leary. Although I do know I have to do something soon or I will be even more out of control with my eating and weight gain. So lost
  • Lastlove
    Options
    You can also eat lean beef on reset. I'm having steak tonight!
    Anyways I am on my 15 the day. Wrapping up reset tonight. I did an extra day because I was pretty bad one day this weekend so I figured I had to make up for it. Anywho I am down 10 lbs and 10 inches overall! Love this program
  • Samantha15240
    Samantha15240 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I bought the program and lost 8lbs on reset. Since starting phase 1, I have been terrible with following the diet portion. I have been following the serving size suggestions, but have had a couple of diet sodas and have even had pizza. I have learned to pay more attention to what is going into my mouth and whether it is ok for me to have that day. If I have 2 twizzlers, then I cut out some carbs and add more veggies and water etc. The P.I.N.K. method has been a valued tool and I am still losing, just not as rapidly. The program is worth it even if it's just for the workouts. I am still in my 2nd week of phase 1 and love the way I feel once I have done them. I also like that they are not as time consuming because they combine muscle groups. I like the idea of pairing my workouts with this website for my overall calorie counting and nutrition/exercise logging. The myfitnesspal site has more to offer than exercise.com does.
  • LBdolphin25
    Options
    Hi All! Just joined the PINK Group! I am on Day 10 of Phase 1. The reset was tough but totally worth it. The headaches are just your body's way of going through detox from all the sugar we have in our diets. If you can get through that part, the rest is much better! Don't forget, if you are hungry, you can eat all the veggies you want! If you are bored with chicken and fish, remember that some protein based plants are ok too- make a chili or bean salad!

Anyway, the workouts have been very challenging, but I am glad I am sticking with it. I have lost 5 pounds since starting the entire program (3 on the reset and 2 on the phase 1 so far). I am no longer craving candy and sugar, and I have successfully weaned myself off coffee and onto tea! I actually feel so much better too in terms of digestion and no more caffeine headaches. Stick with it... it will totally be worth it!
  • Moviedust
    Options
    I have finished the workouts for the first 4 days of phase one, however I find that I haven't lost anything since starting phase 1. Did anyone else have the same results? I've had to stop the last couple of days too because I'm sick, but I will start right back up once I get over this cold.
  • Amyg1274
    Options
    You will possibly gain weight the first week or two of working out because your muscles will retain water. Here is a really great post that someone put on exercise.com that help explain it all:

Carri Hawaii (CarriHawaii)
    The motivation to start a new exercise program is almost always to lose weight. However, what most personal trainers know and most at-home exercisers do not, is that a new exercise program often can cause an immediate (and temporary) increase on the scale. (Notice I didn’t say weight gain! I’ll explain.) This common increase in the scale is also the reason why perhaps millions of people start and then quickly quit their resolution to get fit.

The temporary weight gain explained:
    When someone starts a new exercise program, they often experience muscle soreness. The more intense and “unfamiliar” the program, the more intense the muscle soreness. This soreness is most prevalent 24 to 48 hours after each workout. In the first few weeks of a new program, soreness is the body trying to “protect and defend” the effected or targeted tissue. Exercise physiologists refer to this as delayed-onset muscle soreness, or DOMS.

This type of soreness is thought to be caused by tissue breakdown or microscopic tears in muscle tissue. When this happens the body protects the tissue. The muscle becomes inflamed and slightly swollen with fluid retention. This temporary retention of fluid can result in a 3- to 4-pound weight gain within a few weeks of a new program. Keep in mind that muscle soreness is not necessarily a reflection of how hard you worked. In fact, some people feel no signs of muscle soreness, yet will experience the muscle protection mechanisms of water retention and slight swelling.

Most people are motivated enough to put up with this temporary muscle soreness. Yet, many, especially those who really need immediate weight loss to keep them motivated in those first couple of weeks become discouraged and quit! Who were the most upset and discouraged… women! I’m happy to report with absolutely every single woman (and man) in our group, the weight increase was temporary and never lasted more than 2 weeks before they started to see a major drop in the scale.

Keep in mind that when you start each phase, your body will be “in shock” again. Don’t be surprised or discouraged if you experience a temporary gain on the scale the first week of each phase.

We’re all human and hard work should mean “results”. Hard work equals results, but our bodies are amazing machines and they know how to protect us from hurting ourselves. Soreness forces you to give those muscles a break Ultimately you will lose the weight and you will change your metabolism in the process.

The key is understanding that this is a normal and temporary and stick with the program!!

www.wellsphere.com/parenting-article/strength-training-temporary-weight-gain-explained/816372

I hope this helps!
  • Amyg1274
    Options
    I hope you don't think I am being to forward just joining the group. I started PINK on Jan 9th. So far I am down a total of 14 pounds and 14 inches. I am so happy with the results but just get a little frustrated sometimes that the weight does not come off as fast as it did on reset.

7460936.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm on the second week of the Reset and start Phase 1 in about 4 days.. So far I've been really pleased with the weight loss.. a total of 8 lbs (I've had a couple of cheats, here and there). My biggest complaint is extreme hunger, but I think my body is getting used to less food.. this week has been a lot easier than the last! I was really disappointed in the PINK website, and the community on there, so I came back to MFP and my friends here. So glad to have found this group! :)
  • Julem22
    Julem22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    So how are people doing? I should be getting my PINK order this week. Any tips, tricks, likes, dislikes?
  • LBdolphin25
    Options
    Just finished Phase 1!! It does get easier! Not looking forward to another 4 day reset, but I am excited to try Phase 2! So far I have lost 10 pounds. I will be taking my measurements after the reset....stay tuned for inches lost! More exciting, I am wearing a sweater I haven't been able to fit into in a while! 15 pounds to go, but I am on my way!
  • cheri23
    cheri23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm only 3 days into reset but I love it so far! The food choices are definetly boring but I'm finding ways to spice them up. The breakfast shakes are so good! I'm down 5.4lbs! I can't wait to start phase 1. I miss working out.
  • LBdolphin25
    Options
    I didn't lose any more during the reset, but with Valentine's Day I cheated a little. However, the measurements are in... I lost an inch from my chest, an inch from my waist, and an inch from my hips in the time from the reset til the end of phase 1! Just did my first phase 2 workout and it is tough! I miss Jenna already!