any other dorks like me? Just Dance... not a pretty sight

Options
Suegeee
Suegeee Posts: 35 Member
haha...I'm just so uncoordinated, and don't dance well but LOVE the music. I tried it but traded it in because I just am so out of step. Should I try again? Has anybody overcome that?

Replies

• i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Dance like no one is watching.... it doesn't matter if you do the moves perfect, you are moving and if you are having fun....who cares if your doing it "right" your enjoying and getting your heart pumping a brilliant combination. :happy: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • DuckDuckDuck
    DuckDuckDuck Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Im getting it for my 10 year olds birthday.
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    exercising is about moving , doesn't have to look good.
    I've found if I love the exercise I'm doing it is so much easier, I won't do anything I don't like as I'll give up and it works against me.
    Find something you like & stick with it.
    If you love the music use it and do something you do like to it. Maybe jogging around the house .
  • Suegeee
    Options
    thanks all....I just get frustrated. And, def. behind closed doors!! lol I also found it hard! But, may try it again!
  • Marty_D
    Marty_D Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You should give it another go! I got Dance Dance Revolution 2 on Frday. I watched my grandson have a blast on it yesterday and decided to give it a try today on my own (with noone to see me). There is a workout mode....it kicked my rear end for 45 minutes and it was kinda fun! Felt like a real workout. Now I know why its called Dance revolution... because my dancing is revolting! With a little practice, you never know. The bonus being that I may not look so out of place on the dance floor at the next wedding!!
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    One of the owners of the gym I joined told me about Just Dance and said that she and her mother do this together and spend as much time laughing (also a calorie burner :) as they do dancing - she also said it is one GREAT cardio workout. I may try it but need to put some braces in my basement to support the floor before I do. (And beleive me the gym owner and her mother are in really good shape). If you are having fun doing it keep it up....if not find something that you do like!
  • Suegeee
    Options
    haha...revolting is a good description!! lol And, yeah....laughing CAN burn calories!! ;) So, I didn't get it, BUT got the best one EVER!! Get Fit with Mel B. There's so much variety (even dancing if you can lol). Aerobics-step, cardio, dance, super cardio and combat. You can vary at 15 mintue intervals between types. My board is acting goofy and keeps shutting off, so can't do the step stuff, but there's plenty more to do. LOVE IT! (and best-$10 used through Gamestop!)
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have 2 left feet myself so I understand your pain.....My kids played it during a summer program and loved it so I got the summer dance one and the broadway musical one....they were cheaper....we laugh super hard trying to keep up and most of the time we are not on beat...however we are moving and having fun as a family so give it another try
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You should give it another go! I got Dance Dance Revolution 2 on Frday. I watched my grandson have a blast on it yesterday and decided to give it a try today on my own (with noone to see me). There is a workout mode....it kicked my rear end for 45 minutes and it was kinda fun! Felt like a real workout. Now I know why its called Dance revolution... because my dancing is revolting! With a little practice, you never know. The bonus being that I may not look so out of place on the dance floor at the next wedding!!

Didn't know there was a workout mode--I will have to look for that on the dance ones that I have
  • Chocolatewoman
    Chocolatewoman Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. I have the first Just Dance and I was a hot mess in the beginning. I made sure the curtains were drawn while I was using it.

I'm still no pro but I've gotten better.
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    I love just dance, but only ever do it on my own or with my daughter (she's 13) but never ever when she's doing it with her friends or when other family members are around!!
    I go to a zumba class but it's different in a large group with everyone doing the same - plus have to watch the instructor quite closely so don't really notice other people so hoping that's what everyone else is doing too!