Day 1 Level 1 - Begins Tomorrow!

Options
Im so happy to see how many people have joined in on the fun!

So tomorrow will be my official start day. I know some on here are a bit ahead, but regardless everyone can def join in on the fun and motivation.

I'm super motivated and excited, especially after getting off the bandwagon this weekend and valentines! Gotta make it up!

Anyone else planning on starting tomorrow?

Replies

• Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm only one day ahead of you as I only started today, how heavy are your weights?
  • rquin008
    Options
    I tried the programs before and used the 5lb weights....those seem to have worked well for me....you?
  • gutbuddy
    Options
    I tried the programs before and used the 5lb weights....those seem to have worked well for me....you?

You are a wonder woman! I am using 3 pound weights and still scream out sometimes! I might even swear a little lol. I am a little ahead of you. In the last 10 days I have worked out 8 times to the video and am on level 2. I usually swich levels once I can get through the video without wanting to die or turn it off.
  • rquin008
    Options
    LOL! i dont know about wonder woman now but i did feel the burn with the weights....my fiance does the 30ds with 10lbs...i figured my next go around at the 30ds...maybe in march id try the 10lbs
  • JLWilson27
    Options
    So my weights are in the garage in a box that is pretty difficult to get to right now. Hubby promised me he would get them out this weekend, I'm going to make him do it Saturday morning! Do yall think I could go ahead and start without weights tomorrow or should I wait for my weights and start Saturday?
  • rquin008
    Options
    So my weights are in the garage in a box that is pretty difficult to get to right now. Hubby promised me he would get them out this weekend, I'm going to make him do it Saturday morning! Do yall think I could go ahead and start without weights tomorrow or should I wait for my weights and start Saturday?

you could totally do the movements without the weights....i still think youll def get a workout out of it....you can also grab some cans out of your pantry and use that for now??
  • Stephie_J
    Options

Mine are 1.5kg, which I think is about 3lbs?
  • ladywolfkahn
    Options
    only day one and I have a love/hate relationship with this woman already lol.
    I made it through my first level one day one. Only I was only able to do 6 or 7 jumping jacks.
    So I modified to keeps legs moving (high step) and kept arms going like you do with the jacks.
    Hope this is okay- I will keep trying each day to do more jacks but today wasnt it. I am sorry.
    I know tomorrow I am going to feel this, if not this evening. Look out hot soaking bath.
    I can do this and so can you guys :-)
    I actually feel kinda good.
    oh and I am using 3# weights.
  • ItsMeGg
    Options
    I started yesterday, my 7y/o twins and 4 y/o joined me. Today I did day 2 while they were in school, then had to do it again because they were upset that I did it without them. So twice in one day for me I probably wont be able to walk tomorrow.
  • JLWilson27
    Options

you could totally do the movements without the weights....i still think youll def get a workout out of it....you can also grab some cans out of your pantry and use that for now??

LOL I so used the cans! Unfortunately they were only 1lb cans but that's okay for now. It was awkward but it worked! :laugh:
  • Stephie_J
    Options
    only day one and I have a love/hate relationship with this woman already lol.
    I made it through my first level one day one. Only I was only able to do 6 or 7 jumping jacks.
    So I modified to keeps legs moving (high step) and kept arms going like you do with the jacks.
    Hope this is okay- I will keep trying each day to do more jacks but today wasnt it. I am sorry.
    I know tomorrow I am going to feel this, if not this evening. Look out hot soaking bath.
    I can do this and so can you guys :-)
    I actually feel kinda good.
    oh and I am using 3# weights.

I used to be rubbish at JJ and I HATED doing them but have been doing them almost daily when exercising on my Wii 'Your Shape' and it does get easier, I PROMISE :)
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    L1D1 last night.

I used my medium weights which are 5lbs.

Managed to get through it but stopped short on a couple of the strength ones and bicycle crunches.

Thought about dropping to the lower weight but reckon I would get right through on those so going to continue with the heavier weights and push myself to get through the whole circuit.

Not too sore this morning although I am sure it will set in worse tomorrow.

Think I will take a break on Tuesday and go swimming instead and then back on it wednesday. Probably do that once a week and see how I go.

She really does push you though, That was one hell of a workout :o)

Also probably helps the last few nights I been doing 20 pushups with my twins sat on my back. One at a time 10 push-ups each.

They girls actually ask me to do the push ups now when they are getting ready for bed lol
  • ladywolfkahn
    Options
    day 2- not doing it. No have not quit but my legs (thighs and calves) are in protest mode. I tried doing warm ups and easy stretching this morning to try to get them a little limber...they gave out on me and I almost fell into a heap. so taking another long hot bath and praying this time hubby hears me when i yell for help up and out of tub lol. If they are better by this afternoon/evening i will do 30ds then if not will have to wait until tomorrow. I refuse to quit, no matter what my floppy legs say!
    :wink:
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Just finished day 1 - really enjoyed it but I think my upper body muscles will be moaning at me tomorrow lol.

I couldn't do all of the 'easy' pushups - I've never been able to do them, one reason for choosing 30DS. The across body ab crunches had me grunting a LOT and I did miss out on a few - man they were tough.

Totally looking forward to day 2 tomorrow :-D

edit: just popped the hand weights on the scales and they're 3.5lbs each :-))
  • dibraaksma
    dibraaksma Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone! I just did day 1 level 1. Not too bad, but I am sweating like crazy! I used 2 pound weights, but I think i need to bump it up a little. I'm going to try 5 pound weights tomorrow and see how that it is, at least on some of the strength training.