hello

Options
Hyoderrn
Hyoderrn Posts: 54 Member
Hi everyone! My name is Hannah. I am 32 years old, mother of 3 kids- 2,3, and 14. I am a RN. I have been struggling getting weight off for awhile now and for the past 2 years have been getting into it. I started exercising about then and have been back and forth. I started out after the 2yr old weighing 250lbs. I now weight 192! Since Dec 2011, I have lost 13 lbs by stepping up my exercise. Last week my husband and I started p90x and I am excited to see the changes that will come from that. :happy: I believe that without God helping me I would not be who or where I am today. I know that I need to get healthy, live healthy and help my children adopt good habits. :flowerforyou: Hope you are all doing well, wishing you luck on your weight loss journey!

Replies

• damionruns
    damionruns Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great Job! nice to meet ya!
  • Mike937
    Mike937 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!

Currently have lost 17 pounds (put in the wrong starting weight and for the life of me cannot figure out how to change it, so MFP says that I have only lost 9). Need to lose another 70, so still a very long road to go.

What a wonderful blessing that you have started this group!
  • Judym1
    Options
    I like this group........yes, without God in my life II wouldn't be where I am or what I am today! I am 62 years old and been on this weight loss journey for about 40 years. I have lost 46 lbs and have kept it off for the last 2 years. I would like to lose another 10 to my goal of 140 and feel confident that I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. This kind of support can be key in helping me do that. Sooooooooooo come on people.........lets do it!
  • Judym1
    Options
    Anyone else out there who is adding the spiritual to their recovery from this dread disease of compulsive overeating? Let's connect..........we've got an edge and I know I as I've said before I wouldn't have had the success I've had without God in the mix.
  • Hyoderrn
    Options
    Fantastic job!

Currently have lost 17 pounds (put in the wrong starting weight and for the life of me cannot figure out how to change it, so MFP says that I have only lost 9). Need to lose another 70, so still a very long road to go.

I am not sure who started the group but I noone had said anything so I just wanted to get people talking :flowerforyou:
  • Hyoderrn
    Options
    Great Job! nice to meet ya!
    Thank you, nice to meet you also!
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am a 38 year old happily married mom of two (an 8 year old and and 18 year old). I saw this group and thought it would be great to join as I agree that I could not make this journey (or any) without God. I have lost 11 pounds since Jan. 1st and need to lose about 40-50 more to be at my goal. Feel free to friend me...:flowerforyou: Wishing you a blessed day!
  • marca_june
    marca_june Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello, Hannah! I just joined this group minutes ago! It is just great to have God in the middle of all we try to accomplish! We CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens us! I am 61 years old, weigh 291 lb now (I have lost10.5 lb) and feel like I have been fighting this battle with my weight. In my lifetime I have been at my goal 2 times and it was wonderful. It is a lot easier to gain all of it back. Now I want to loose this weight and keep it off!
  • Eranajb
    Eranajb Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I really like what people have said here. We need to refer everthing back to Him, and trust that He will give us the strength and motivation to carry on!

My name is Erana and i am a mum to three kids. Married 13 years and my husband was saved recently. I have so much to be thankful for!
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I really like what people have said here. We need to refer everthing back to Him, and trust that He will give us the strength and motivation to carry on!

My name is Erana and i am a mum to three kids. Married 13 years and my husband was saved recently. I have so much to be thankful for!

Wow Erana, that is great about your husbands salvation. I am so happy for your family!
  • Hyoderrn
    Options
    Hello, Hannah! I just joined this group minutes ago! It is just great to have God in the middle of all we try to accomplish! We CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens us! I am 61 years old, weigh 291 lb now (I have lost10.5 lb) and feel like I have been fighting this battle with my weight. In my lifetime I have been at my goal 2 times and it was wonderful. It is a lot easier to gain all of it back. Now I want to loose this weight and keep it off!

Weight is an awful battle but we can overcome it, with Him by our side! Congratulations on your 10.5lbs, way to go!
  • Hyoderrn
    Options

Awesome news about your husband! PTL! :love: God is good all the time!
  • Mike937
    Options
  • Mike937
    Options
    Fantastic job!

I am not sure who started the group but I noone had said anything so I just wanted to get people talking :flowerforyou:

Well then, just look at the great way the Lord has used you!
  • vbowman53
    Options
    Hi everyone! Grace OC Church is just starting our Bod4God sermon series next Sunday, February 26th. We are having a "Know Your Numbers" Health Fair before service (9-10 a.m.) and immediately after service. At the Health Fair, we will be doing blood pressure, ht to waist ratio, BMI, blood glucose and total cholesterol. We also have Small Groups forming for a special six-week study focusing on Health & Fitness. We will also be hosting different exercise events.

Our service starts at 10:30 a.m. and we are located at 8095 E Crystal Drive, Anaheim Hills (past the Home Depot). Visit our website foundgrace.com.
  • MsBritt
    MsBritt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone has been working so hard to meet their goals, good for you!! I am so excited to start this new series with my church family there to uplift and encourage. I hope we will be welcoming in some new faces in the coming Sundays!