Where do you workout?

Options
Kaytee233
Kaytee233 Posts: 54 Member
Where do you workout? What gym do you go to? I'm always looking for new places to workout besides the gym. So what are some of your favorite places around town?

Replies

• tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Oh, not what i thought you meant by the post...I workout at the gym :( But would love to find a buddy.

Club Fitness on Hwy K &N
  • Kaytee233
    Kaytee233 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm at the YMCA.
  • alirae75
    Options
    I take a zumba class at the rec center by my house one night a week. I am taking a yoga class at work over one lunch hour. I also have a treadmill at home.

As for the rest....

Monday nights I've decided are family fit nights. My boys are 5 and 7 (almost 8). We would go to a park after work and have a picnic dinner. We would walk the 3/4 mile trail then off to the play ground. While they played, I would do squats and other stuff. I need to decide what to do now that it's getting cold.

I'm on the look out for places outside where I can run as I want to sign up for several 5k's over the next year.
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I workout at the Edward Jones YMCA (in Maryland Hts.) and when the weather is nice I love going to Creve Coeur Park. The track at the park goes around the lake and through alittle wooded area it is beautiful.
  • jmlrh2
    jmlrh2 Posts: 10
    Options
    I go to the Vault near Lafayette square.
  • ChristineNicole81
    Options
    Club Fitness off Lemay and my livingroom! :)
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Club fittness wentzville here
  • Gutter19
    Gutter19 Posts: 141
    Options
    I am working on piecing together a nice little in-home gym for my resistence work and so far I am loving it! The cardio is a bit limited though. The jump rope that I got for Christmas should help a bit, but the circuit training I am able to do without being in a busy gym has done a great job of keeping my heart rate up. Other than that I love to go to Creve Coeur Park and run in different parts of town.
  • toorisky
    toorisky Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I usually go to Club Fitness Creve Coeur or Florissant but beggining of the year is always too crowded so I am working out at home right now. Probably go back to Club Fitness around in March.
  • OfficerRyGuy
    Options
    I have been going to the soccer fields on Highway K in O'Fallon, but the weather is changing, so I may have to get a gym membership.
  • rinalyn
    rinalyn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just started going to The Lab on Forest Park Avenue in Midtown.
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Fitness Fuzion in OFallon for Zumba and my treadmill for running :smile:
  • duncanryan
    duncanryan Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    YMCA in Belleville!
  • dnlg18652
    Options
    24 hour fitness in Arnold love that place so much I drive from the city all the way out there.
  • MorissaW
    MorissaW Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I go to all different places around here for Zumba. A few dance studios and a zumba gym.
    I also workout at Curves in Fenton and my living room :)
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness in Manchester!
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Club Fitness on Lemay (South County Mall).
    I just found out there is a fitness place in Imperial, that I'm going to check out.
  • JacMarieSTL
    JacMarieSTL Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Golds Gym in St Peters
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The Pointe in Ballwin. Residents get a discount.
  • perpetualsharon
    perpetualsharon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I take a zumba class at the rec center by my house one night a week. I am taking a yoga class at work over one lunch hour. I also have a treadmill at home.

As for the rest....

Monday nights I've decided are family fit nights. My boys are 5 and 7 (almost 8). We would go to a park after work and have a picnic dinner. We would walk the 3/4 mile trail then off to the play ground. While they played, I would do squats and other stuff. I need to decide what to do now that it's getting cold.

I'm on the look out for places outside where I can run as I want to sign up for several 5k's over the next year.

I don't know how close you are to Cliff Cave Park off Telegraph Road, but there is a nice 5 mile track there. One small hill but mostly flat in the river bottom. I walk and ride my bike there. This is my favorite park because there is no car traffic around the track at all which makes biking a little more comfortable to me (I'm just re-learning after not being on a bike for 25 years!)

Jefferson Barracks Park has an excellent walking/biking track WITH workout stations(crunches, situps, balancing, monkey bars, scale a wall, etc). Way Cool. I think this is going to be my April goal!