PNW Runs, Rides and Such

Options
Seeing a couple of topics, I thought it would be good to start a thread with Pacific Northwest runs, rides, triathlons, dashes, and so on. If you have a local race or event you think is great and everyone should sign up for, tell us about it. If you're training for a specific event and want some support/workout partners/whatever, tell us about that, too. Or heck, start a thread.

Here in Spokane, the Bloomsday Run is our big running event. 12k (7.42 miles, I think). 40,000+ runners each year, bands along the route, and hundreds of thousands of spectators screaming along the way. If you want a race that's more challenging than a 5K, but you don't want to step up to a half-marathon yet, this is a great one--especially because you get cheered on the whole way. Or heck, if you're training for a summer/fall half or full marathon, this is a great one to put on your calendar in the midst of your training.

Always have heard good things about the Seattle Rock 'n Roll Marathon, and the Portland Marathon. Anyone run those?

Replies

• HowardRose
    HowardRose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I walked the Bloomsday a couple of years ago. I really enjoyed it, and plan to do it again. Lots and lots of walkers that do this one.

Also for anyone who walks, AVA (American Volksport Association) clubs sponsor free 5 & 10K all over the PNW. Here's link to the event schedules:

http://esva.org/about/northwest-pathfinder
  • smeyerdirk
    Options
    I love the Bloomsday run I have done it the last three years and will be there again this year. I am running the Seahawks 12k for the first time this year so I hope it's a good run. One of my co-workers did the Rock n' Roll Marathon and LOVED it, I am NOT ready for a marathon yet. :happy:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    friend is doing seattle seahawks 12K in Renton. I'm still debating if I wanna go, I'd have to work so I'd be up from 10 pm the night before and then going in the morning :grumble: . plus most I ever done is 5K.
  • dbw1976
    dbw1976 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up for Seattle to Portland (STP) this year. Will also probably do the Apple Century in Wenatchee and Skagit Spring Classic as part of my training.

I switched to cycling from running a decade or so ago. Easier on my knees and lower back.
  • sarvissa
    sarvissa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If anyone lives south of Salem, OR, check out ride44.com. It's a loose knit group of motorcycle enthusiasts that meet monthly and plan rides together. It's an awesome group full of great people.
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up for Seattle to Portland (STP) this year. Will also probably do the Apple Century in Wenatchee and Skagit Spring Classic as part of my training.

I switched to cycling from running a decade or so ago. Easier on my knees and lower back.

I'm signed up for STP, too! Thanks for the heads up on those other rides. Both do sound like good training rides. Off to check them out!