Slightly Vindictive and Mean Spirited ;O)

Options
Jenn152
Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
:bigsmile: I was thinking today about how much I ACTUALLY weigh, and how different it looks on me... than say a person who is a foot shorter than myself. And that brought me to the amusing fact that I will lose another 15-25ish pounds and look ridiculously good (in my :blushing: not-so-humble opinion)... and that will STILL be about 20-30 pounds heavier than some of these short stuff's starting weights :tongue: and frankly... I THINK THIS IS HILARIOUS! :laugh: hahhahaahah :laugh:

I thank the man upstairs every day for this group and the freedom for me to be able to say this and you will all understand!

Carry On Kids! :heart: Happy Humpday!~

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I love that you see this as a positive! Sometimes I'm bummed that my true, hot goal weight is higher than a lot of people's starting weights.

Oh well, I'll look awesome at their fat weight ;)
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I totally understand that too! What girl that is tall doesn't?? Whenever it is that my body is where I want it to be I can't wait to tell people how much I weigh cause I know it's a surprise to a lot of people! :smile:
  • Jenn152
    Options
    Oh well, I'll look awesome at their fat weight ;)

don't you see? ^^THIS is exactly my point! hahaha think of how lucky we are?!??!?!!!!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    This is why I never admit my weight, even when slim, it would blow their minds!
  • Jenn152
    Options
    Oh... I admit mine all the time! It's fun! Because I just like to see that look spread across their face :laugh:
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    bwahhhh, I totally get you.

I told my boss today I wanted to lose another 37lbs & she was shocked I was carrying that much extra weight at all.

My legs & arms are thinner than alot of shorter women who weigh 40+lbs less than me, I carry most of my weight in my boobs & belly which is good & bad.
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yes! Last week I went out to dinner with an acquaintance of mine. The subject of weight came up and I gave her my number which seemed to make her smile as she announced I weighed 20lbs more than her. Later, we were in a store and saw a bunch of trousers on sale. She grabbed her size and asked if I liked the pants. I grabbed my size and looked at them and said they looked too short, but maybe capri's. She glared at me and said "is that YOUR SIZE?" I said yes. I looked, I was holding a 14, she was holding a 16.

She said "there's no way you're a 14, you weigh 20 more pounds than me and I'm chunky!" I finally said "I'm SEVEN inches taller than you!" She still didn't believe me, so I took the pants into the dressing room and put them on, then poked my head out and asked if they had 13's because these were loose (and, up to my ankles! LOL). Yes, it was fun to blow her mind, I'm getting healthier, but my goal weight and a 5'3" person's goal weight are going to be completely different.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    This is why I never admit my weight, even when slim, it would blow their minds!

I soo agree with this! I hate when they say "Really!!! I didnt know you weigh that much!! You're tall so you can carry that!!!"

"Weigh that much?!!!!" I am like REALLY..REALLY I look great! Try being my weight and you'll look like a freakin house!!!!
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Love it! I remember one time when I was about 175 (very thin for me), I went to get x-rays and the lady was like, "so you're about 125?" I was like, yeah, maybe if you chopped my legs off. It is so nice to have other people who understand.
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I mentioned on facebook that I had lost 20 pounds since starting all this, everyone was like congrats congrats, etc. Well, then I revealed I had 20 pounds to go and everyone was like WHAT?! I don't realize you were THAT BIG. I'm thinking to myself, gee thanks. LOL

So then later that day I get a call from a friend and she says "I saw your post on facebook. Congrats!" I said "thanks". Then she said, "I didn't realize you were THAT BIG." I laughed and said "well I'm tall. I hide it well." But, I was thinking to myself, I wasn't THAT big. I was a 12/14. *sigh*.

Yeh, I needed to lose 40 pounds, but 40 pounds on me is not the same as 40 pounds on someone who is 5'6". It isn't going to be a dramatic change. We're talking about a couple dress sizes. I'll probably get down to a size 8. LOL
  • Jenn152
    Options
    what i just think is hilarious... is that my BONES weigh more than a whole person is 5'0. i mean, thats just a fact :tongue:

AND!!! i might add... we cant do anything to lose bone weight... nor would you want to... osteoperosis anyone? no thanks!
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Sure my goal weight is between 175-180lbs. I see people starting out at 170!! I'm 6ft tall tho and when I'm at that weight I'm a uk size 12 (I've been there before) but people think I'm a uk size 8 because I'm so tall! They always assume I'm about 28lbs lighter than I actually am :)
  • OneLuckyRabbit
    OneLuckyRabbit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was evil happy when I found out my friend who is about a foot shorter than me was also in the 140-149 lb range. Especially since she is one of those people who keeps saying she is getting sooo skinny when she looks exactly the same. I know it's mean, but damn does it feel good!
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Oh... I admit mine all the time! It's fun! Because I just like to see that look spread across their face :laugh:

It's hilarious when people are so shocked about how much you weigh. People are always shocked at how much I want to lose.

Imagine some people's goal weight on a 6ft woman? Crazy. People just don't understand because it's not their reality. In the same way that some people vastly underestimate what it is to lose a significant amount of weight, it's because they've never been there and they've never experienced it.
  • ajh1014
    ajh1014 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I put weight on so evenly that I have to lose 20# just to be able to put my jeans in the drier! I always laugh at the commercials that say "lose 3 dress sizes in just 2 weeks". Do they realize that is, like 60 pounds??
  • BassesGirl
    BassesGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to do with this knowledge....go to one of those "guess your weight" booths wearing my favorite most slimming outfit...I get a prize EVERY da.mned time! :D

And also I feel great when they underestimate!!
  • JustACaJen
    JustACaJen Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bwahhhh, I totally get you.

I told my boss today I wanted to lose another 37lbs & she was shocked I was carrying that much extra weight at all.

My legs & arms are thinner than alot of shorter women who weigh 40+lbs less than me, I carry most of my weight in my boobs & belly which is good & bad.

That's me.... I never tell anyone how much I need to lose because I get the "you don't need to lose that much weight! you will be too skinny!" speech. Because I am tall, no one can tell how much weight I need to lose. So that's a good/bad. The bad side is that when you are this tall, you can gain 10 lbs and no one can really "see" it. My best friend is 5'1". She puts on 5 pounds and you can tell. Sometimes, I wish that was the case for me.
  • JustACaJen
    JustACaJen Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I put weight on so evenly that I have to lose 20# just to be able to put my jeans in the drier! I always laugh at the commercials that say "lose 3 dress sizes in just 2 weeks". Do they realize that is, like 60 pounds??

This is so true!!! I have lost 13 pounds and all my jeans are a little more comfortable but I have definitely not dropped a size yet. I still have a basket in my closet with 10 pairs of jeans valued at no less than $1500 (because getting jeans with a 37 inch inseam is insanely expensive if you want good quality) that I still can't get into!!!
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Oh how I LOVE this thread, it's made me feel so much better to know there are so many of you having the same experience.

I've lost quite a bit of weight and friends have started telling me "you need to stop now or you'll get too thin" but I have to explain to them I'm still firmly in the 'overweight' range and I'm going to keep on going until I have a healthy BMI (especially as I know I'm a 'Medium' not 'Large' frame). The good news is I got a friend to re-measure my height and it turns out I'm 1/2" taller than I thought I was so the healthy BMI is now only 6lbs (as opposed to 11lbs) away - woop woop!

(I'm 5ft 9.75" and currently weigh 179 lbs).
  • Miranda_the_Phoenix
    Options
    Tall Girls Unite! Even my doctor doesn't believe I actually weigh 400lbs because while I do look quite heavy, my 6'2" frame makes it look like a lot less (of course not to me, but the mirror and I have always had issues)....