Hard to get motivated to WORKOUT? Where's the time with all

Options
I'm revved up and motivated with changing my food habits. I've been doing pretty good so far since the 1st. However, I feel some sort of way with the exercise thing.

Don't get me wrong, I do exercise, but its not a daily or consistent thing at all.

I don't have a gym membership... I stay at home, and work at home 3 days, in the office 2 days. I have a 1 year old and a 4 year old that are VERY attention hungry. I feel like I don't spend enough time with the kids when I do some home workouts.. sometimes I pop in a video, but hardly finish it. I go to a gym maybe once a week and workout, and I do good there. I also have an elliptical at home, that I dont really get on. I' just not motivated. Working out at home sucks! And I can't really pay for a membership right now.

Replies

• Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I think you just taking a step at the time towards working out is really good. Don't expect too much of yourself or you will feel pressured & not do anything at all. I would suggest just trying to devote 20 minutes to exercise of some form each day. That's almost all I can do. Some days it's 10, some days it's more. But at least I'm moving. But the key I think is to not settle for that. If you have more time, exercise. If you have a free hour on Saturday, use it to exercise. Keep challenging yourself.
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    I'm actually feeling the same way right now :explode: i used to do early mornings before work. i would wake up at 5:30 and go..but lately my daughter has been waking up consistantly around 12:30-1:00 & its just exhausting me so i havent been waking up..i feel like im slipping WAY far behind..

its really not my fault that my hand hits that snooze button every morning!!! :frown:
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I find it hard too. My kids are getting older and involved in stuff on top of work and household stuff, but they do like to exercise with me sometimes, especially if its walking. (when its nice out anyway..)
  • Shawndad
    Options
    i understand ladies that we all have obligations to tend to that may cause us to not have time but if you are not happy and healthy then how can you take care of your family?????? i know busy, i am a wife, mother, chef, student and i work out 5 sometimes 6 days a week. usually i will go to the gym once the kids are off to school. before i had a gym membership i would walk around the neighborhood sometimes with kids in hand and i would workout in the house and do things like sit ups, push ups, squats and etc.....if you want a change ladies you can do it. because we as women set the example for our children and they will say, if mom can do it, i can do it.
  • mysticwonder
    Options
    I have a 3 yr old son and he's in preschool 4 half days and barely takea naps. I have 2 stepdaughters at home every other week as well. They are 11and almost 8. It is chaotic and the kids were my excuse the last few yrs. Not anymore. I force myself to get up early and work out or else I'll quit again.

I look at the pictures of me over weight and my skinny ones to compare my happiness. I hate the way I look and I did it to myself. Now I have to go back and do the work. Kids take time, yes, but we're women...created for multi-tasking!
  • mindy2185
    Options
    I find myself in this same situation to moms, but shawn is right we have to do this for ourselves and our families. i work a full time desk job, ugh! highly stressful-counselor in a correctional environment, its a job that takes a lot to wind down at the end of the work day. it is more mentally exhausting than physically. i am the mom that gets off work, gets the kiddo, goes home does homework, picks up the house, starts supper, eat, cleans supper dishes, and gets the kiddo ready for school the next day and in bed, iron my work-clothes, and by the time i look up its already 10:30! where does the time go! i have to fluctuate my new gym time around when my husband is home. he works long hours, and so i can really only go when he is off work. which sucks, but some is better than none, right? WE CAN DO THIS!
  • tsornoza
    tsornoza Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I feel overwhelmed with work, sitting behind a desk all day, coming home to make dinner and attending to family. I find it hard, but I am trying really hard. I am even getting the kids involved. I make it fun. We have been doing Dance Central 2. It is fun and a workout. Today is the start of my 2nd week. Thinking about Tae Bo & Zumba.
  • mysticwonder
    Options
    I was thinking about getting the Zings game on the Wii. If you do it, let me know how that works for ya.
  • leannamichelle
    leannamichelle Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I feel the same EXACT way and it's frustrating me. My issue is that I have to figure out the proper balance for working
    out and eating properly. Whenever I introduce another thing to focus on into my life another important factor starts
    lacking. I'm doing really good with watching my food intake and I'm afraid to consistently introduce exercise for fear of losing control with my eating. Because I have lost weight with what I'm doing now.
  • CeCePII
    CeCePII Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's very difficult. My son is only a few months old and I'm a stay-at-home Mum. I have lots of at home workout options (p90x and Insanity), but the hard part is finding time to get it in. I have small windows of time when he's napping to get stuff done...sometimes working out just gets pushed to the back. Sometimes I try for first thing in the morning, but on days after he hasn't slept much, I just can't:( Good Luck to all you Mamas
  • shorty2_02
    Options
    Its like you are reading my life's transcript I do the same thing.
  • mysticwonder
    Options
    I'm self-employed and after 7 weeks, I'm just NOW finding a better balance with work, exercise and taking care of the family. It takes time to work with the time management, but I think I'm doing pretty well. I was getting so frustrated with that too
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    Hi everyone, it's my first time posting here. I start my new job tomorrow. I've been home 4 mos so workout timing was never a problem for me. But now I'm back to 5 am cardio workouts and after work strength training at home. Easier said than done but I'm going for it!