Favorite place to buy tall clothing?

Does anyone have great places to buy tall clothing? I can usually find tall jeans at Maurices I like, but I really struggle finding cute shirts that are long enough. Suggestions?:tongue:

Replies

• lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    I have found a few shirts at Old Navy and some at Kohl's...some of the longer style shirts are "in" right now so that helps a little. I don't have a lot of luck finding long enough shirts at most places though. I actually don't have really long legs, most average length pants fit me well enough and tall sizes are too long. Most of my height is in my torso area, so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread!
  • Ann Taylor Loft and Gap tall section online! I'm just all around tall and long. Pants are SO hard for me to find and shirts are also a problem, but not quite as much (usually just layer a long tank under something if it's too short) I do wish I could buy cute coats though for cheap like at Forever21 and such, but the sleeves and everything are just too short and awkward looking! JCPenney online does has tall section and is good for basic tops etc.!
  • BassesGirl
    BassesGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Target now carries Tall sizes in their jeans (for only $20 - $30). Also, Old Navy is great...they have jeans, slacks, shirts, etc. all in tall sizes (http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/division.do?cid=49709). **note: with old navy, you may not find all the tall stuff in stores...but online has a decent selection!**

The main thing I like about those two stores is the prices! I used to have to buy my tall jeans from the Gap for around $60 a pop!
  • i am looking online at target.com and i can't find the tall jeans :/ are they only in stores?
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    New York and Company

American Eagle carries extra long online
  • BassesGirl
    BassesGirl Posts: 76 Member
    They are online (just checked). If you go to women's - jeans. Click on the link on the big pictuer on the page that says "whats your fit?"...figure out what fit you would like and click "shop all fit X" as long as you pick a Mossimo brand (they have several washes and skinny, boot, flare, etc) they have L as an option :)

I just bought Fit 3 bootcut dark wash and I love them! No high waters!!
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    I've been sticking with Old Navy... but as soon as I get to a size 14... I will be doing Gap and banana republic....All the good places.
    I am sick of everything having Polyester in it!
  • kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    I find that 36-37" inseams are ideal for my legs. have three pairs of jeans that I cycle through on a weekly basis. Two of them are Levis in long size (purchased at Kohl's.) One is boot cut and I have to sag them a bit on my hips so they're long enough. The other Levi pair is a super skinny jean that I wear with boots so the length doesn't matter as much but they are pretty long. Express jeans are by far the best for me length wise. However at $70 a pair, I only get one or two pairs about once every year, year and a half and only when there's a buy get one half off sale. Every winter I'm on a constant countdown to warm weather when I can wear shorts and skirts that are so much easier to buy!
  • Anybody from the UK? I can never find good places. It REALLY offends me that some places have a huge "petite" section, but not a single item for "tall" people!
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Thought I should share. I just read this thread and didn't see any places I haven't already tried. I was reading about pushups for tall people and there was a link for this talls shop. Just ordered a catalogue! Regular prices are a little high, but sale and clearance looks good. If you're already used to the prices at Gap and Banana Republic then it's about the same. I'd rather pay more for clothes I'm not constantly pulling on.
    www.longtallsally.com
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    I recently bought 3 pair of tall jeans from Maurice's. LOVE them.

For dress pants I have found some online at JC Penneys (Worthington brand) and also from Christopher and Banks. Both are plenty long for me.
  • Mcoh01
    Mcoh01 Posts: 11
    Long Tall Sally has an awesome selection, and you can sort by inseam and size, but it is a little pricey. It's based in the UK, but this is the US site: http://us.longtallsally.com/. Just a warning though, at 6 feet tall, I actually feel short when I shop on this site!

In terms of finding good priced tops, it can take some time, but I actually recommend trying out TJ Maxx or Marshalls. I've found a lot of stuff that's marked completely wrong, or has ridiculously long sleeves, so no one else buys it, but then it fits me perfectly! It's definitely a time investment because you need to try a lot of stuff on, but you can find some nice unique stuff at great prices.

Other posts mentioned Old Navy and Gap, and I agree, their tall stuff works well, and it's priced decently. Their sister store, Athleta, is also one of the few places that does athletic wear for tall women (is it just me, or is it really hard to find athletic wear that fits well on tall women?), although it is on the spendier side, like Long Tall Sally.

J. Crew's tall trousers are really great quality, I have a couple of pairs and they've lasted me forever. I also recommend the New York & Company pants, although they're not very good quality, so don't expect them to last long.
  • jan_andrea
    jan_andrea Posts: 44 Member
    All I can tell you is that Lane Bryant is crap if you're tall :P Nothing I've bought there in the last 8 years has been long enough on my torso. On the other hand, their "tall" jeans seem to assume much longer legs than I have, or they're meant to be worn with heels (which I never ever wear; 5'11" is tall enough for me). I have gotten some stuff at OneStopPlus.com that have worked -- you can search for tunics by length -- but their stuff is pretty cheap, and I've only gotten t-shirts and whatnot there.

What's frustrating me right now is that I'd love to get some transitional clothes at Savers, but most of the things I've found in my size are really short. In fact, I went for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and there were dozens of jeans in size 20... short. I'm guessing someone either gained or lost a ton of weight and donated their entire stash -- it was remarkable, and obnoxious, to go down the entire row. 20short, 20petite, 20short... Not a single pair was even regular.