Success with this so far?

Options
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to know how people are handling this "Olivia Method". Has anyone had success with this new way yet? On the other side, has anyone gained weight using this method? Thanks!

Replies

• shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I started one week ago and have lost 3.2 pounds. :smile:
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I'm weighing in tomorrow but not confident in my success with it because in the beginning I was afraid to eat more and in the last few days I've eaten too much!

Maybe my new Bodybugg will help me with all this.
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    still early for me, so hard to really give a good eval right now, but so far.

Was at 1200 cals , lost some weight, then stalled. Upped cals slowly to about 1400, lost a few more lbs, and stalled. Starting playing around with eating more or less exercise cals, staggering cals etc. Went upto about 1500 cals.

Weight stayed stalled for two months, and no inch loss. And actually sort of gained 2 lbs, but hard to say because I just kept flipping back and forth within a 2-3 lb range, up and down for over a month. So I counted all that as a stall. :)

I work out hard, very close to my goal weight. Lift heavy weights, and have cardio. Eat high protein. (have lots of muscle), short and age 47, so slower metabolism, then when I was younger and could eat anything.

Started this method about 1.5 - 2 weeks ago.

Eatting 1600-1700 cal a day roughly. My deficit is between 700-900 most days. (I have one free day a week, that way off though) Still trying to get used to working with the deficit, and eating more.

So far I have lost a half inch off waist, and it looks like I have lost at least a lb, though maybe a bit more. Because the weight flux has stopped, I dropped to the lower end of the fluctuation, and lost another pound.

I really will need a few more weeks, to see how things truely pan out.

But at least for now, I looks like I have possibly broken my 4-6 week plateau.

I also was able to wear my "skinny jeans" for the first time in two years yesterday, and they were comfy.

I fell and look much leaner in the mirror. So I think scale weight is not really showing the true picture.
  • RRT_RCP
    RRT_RCP Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I started Tuesday and I'm up about a 1.2lbs
  • regmcc
    regmcc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I gained 1 lb this week on this method. My net calories at the end of the week was 3267 so I should have lost close to a lb, but when I look at my calorie intake daily I haven't eaten my bmr, I think I am struggling in my mind to eat more because I have been at 1200 calories and it has worked for me . I will give it another week or two and see what happens with it. My bmr is 1320 so it's just a little snack difference lol
  • Becca619
    Becca619 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I just wanted to know how people are handling this "Olivia Method". Has anyone had success with this new way yet? On the other side, has anyone gained weight using this method? Thanks!

I started this method last week and from last Monday to this morning I lost 2.5 pounds :) I have been eating as close to my BMR every day as I can, which right now is 1386 calories.
  • Becca619
    Becca619 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the double post
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    Been doing this 3 weeks I think? Trying to break a plateau, that nothing else seemed to break.

So far , I think its working. Looks like I have lost about three pounds, that's a pound a week - which actually is very good. I am close to my goal weight, and had stalled for a long time, and weight kept going up and down around three pound range. But never settling on the low side.

I have now reached the bottom of that range consistently, and lost another pound. Maybe more, as it looks like I am losing inches also - all over. I often loss inches, before I see a scale change, since I have a good amount of muscle, and lift weights heavily.

I am not "giddy" yet, as I want to give it another week or two, since I am currently menstruating, which is a water retention (weight retention) time for me.

But I really think, that things are certainly looking better overall. I am leaner all over, belly pouch is much much much smaller, almost a flat belly and some visible abs, and carved waist creasing now. :)

I feel like I have a much better handle on things now.

Just need to lower bodyfat a bit more, (maybe 4%) and I will be rockin!

Yay Olivia and her trainer. Thanks for taking the time to help us girl!
  • jddykstra
    Options
    bump - would love to hear from more people about their experience with this. Thanks!
  • tammy1005
    Options
    I am only on my third day so I'm not sure yet. I do like being able to see my deficit. This method seems to keep me on track
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    This method is muuuuch better for me. It encourages exercise so I can eat more and I do eat more. I exercise enough to have close to 1000 deficit at the end of the day. I was staying stagnant for a while but this week I lost 1.5 lbs. When I first upped the calories I gained 3 lbs mysteriously and was super depressed about it but my body is through freaking out about it now. What I think happened was that my body wanted to hold onto the food because I was always hungry before and I never knew how many of my calories to eat back. At least with this way I know exactly how many calories to eat back. I am no longer hungry all the time either. It is really comfortable for me!!! I plan on continuing with this method!!
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Started 2 weeks ago and finally saw the scale move for the first time in 3 weeks. So far do good. Keeping with it for now. Down2 lbs. glad to see something happening again
  • reashamoriba
    reashamoriba Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have tried for 1 week so far & when I weighted in I lost 3 pounds. I had a plateau for 4 weeks so the scale didn't move, I really like this method especially to get out of my plateau
  • susie25
    susie25 Posts: 5
    Options
    This is really accurate, I only saw the post last night and changed all my settings in MFP to sedentary and maintain and I looked at my weekly view and it says I was 5966 cals net under my weekly goal and I've lost 1.5lbs today.
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    down 8 lbs since i started in february. this by far has been the best way for me to lose weight!!!
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I lost 13kg in total, mostly via this method. I had tried several 'methods' until I found this way and I love it!!
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I lost 13kg in total, mostly via this method. I had tried several 'methods' until I found this way and I love it!!

I'm going to try it out. Congrats on your success! :)