Sunday Sharing 2/19/12

Options
kimistry35
kimistry35 Posts: 203 Member
OK MY FRIENDS LETS TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT THIS SUNDAY....SHARE SOMETHING WITH THE GROUP AN IT CAN BE ANYTHING THAT YOU LIKE....IT CAN BE A WORKOUT TIP,A HEALTHLY RECIPE,MOTIVATION HECK JUST ANYTHING YOU LIKE ......SO I'M GOING TO SHARE A DISH THAT I COOKED FOR MY FAMILY FOR SUNDAY DINNER. AND WHAT I COOKED FOR A QUICK SATURDAY MEAL.....

MY SUNDAY MEAL
Pesto-stuffed -Salmon
Description
This is a healthy and tasty recipe that cooks up quick and easy on the grill or broiled in the oven
Ingredients
4 5 ounce salmon fillets
Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 cup pesto (recipe below, or you can use jarred pesto)
Preparation
Make a slit two-thirds of the way through the center of each salmon fillet making sure not to cut all the way through. Brush both sides of fillets with olive oil. Stuff fillets with pesto. Season tops of fillets with Kosher salt and ground black pepper.
Grilling: lightly oil grilling grates. Heat grill, then place fillets on medium heat. Cook salmon for 7-10, flipping once, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Broiling: Preheat the broiler. Place salmon on a baking sheet lined with foil. Broil fish about 4-5 inches from the heat for approximately 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
Fresh Basil Pesto Recipe
2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Combine the basil in with the pine nuts, pulse a few times in a food
processor. (If you are using walnuts instead of pine nuts and they are not
already chopped, pulse them a few times first, before adding the basil.) Add
the garlic, pulse a few times more.

Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula. Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.

MY QUICK AND EASY SATURDAY MEAL
HAMBUGER BUDDY
Total Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients
3 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
2 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
10 ounces white mushrooms, large ones cut in half
1 large onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 pound 90%-lean ground beef
2 teaspoons dried thyme
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 cups water
1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium beef broth, divided
8 ounces whole-wheat elbow noodles, (2 cups)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or chives for garnish

Preparation
1.Chop the garlic up really fine until minced, then add carrots and mushrooms also finely chopped. add onion half chopped as well.
2.Cook beef in a large pan over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped vegetables, thyme, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables start to soften and the mushrooms release their juices, 5 to 7 minutes.
3.Stir in water, 1 1/2 cups broth, noodles and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
4.Whisk flour with the remaining 1/4 cup broth in a small bowl until smooth; stir into the hamburger mixture. Stir in the sour cream. Simmer, stirring often, until the sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve sprinkled with parsley (or chives), if desired.

Nutrition 326 calories

Replies

• debikay55
    debikay55 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    GOOD SUNDAY MORNING :smile:

Well my fave is home made veggie soup it is so fresh and whatever you want in it .I always have garlic & onions then fresh spinich,carrots,cellery,colliflower,peas,tomatos,mushrooms.all that maks a huge pot for only a very few cal. usualy around 200 for the whole pot .nummy.Throw in a chicken breast if want:happy:
  • chirichardson
    chirichardson Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I went to church this morning. I had a glorious time. I've been going to this church for about 2 years now, but I haven't joined yet. I'm waiting on a word from the Lord.
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    I WANT TO LOSE 50 POUNDS SO BAD !!!
  • kimistry35
    Options
    GOOD SUNDAY MORNING :smile:

Well my fave is home made veggie soup it is so fresh and whatever you want in it .I always have garlic & onions then fresh spinich,carrots,cellery,colliflower,peas,tomatos,mushrooms.all that maks a huge pot for only a very few cal. usualy around 200 for the whole pot .nummy.Throw in a chicken breast if want:happy:

sounds good
  • kimistry35
    Options
    I WANT TO LOSE 50 POUNDS SO BAD !!!

well eat healthly an execrise reg and drink water water water and u will my friend
  • kimistry35
    Options
    I went to church this morning. I had a glorious time. I've been going to this church for about 2 years now, but I haven't joined yet. I'm waiting on a word from the Lord.

AMEN my friend
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My youngest son turned 1 yesterday!
  • kimistry35
    Options
    My youngest son turned 1 yesterday!

Happy belated 2 ur lil man :flowerforyou: