struggling

Options
joyzoso
joyzoso Posts: 66 Member
So last weekend I ran my first 5K, a great milestone. Last week I found myself making it into the gym/running 3 times this week (out of usual 6 days). I also was craving sugar, over eating and just... well lost all motivation it seems.

Don't want to get on the scale, just want to get myself together and make this week kick *kitten*. It can be hard being single and in grad school, but will be harder to face the summer!

Anyone else get like this? Seem to do really well and then just seem to sabotage themselves or make a goal and let themselves slip up? I also decided I need to incorporate more yoga into my routine. I noticed last year when I was doing a good amount, that I looked the slimmest and felt very strong. Though I am doing lift classes, kickboxing, spinning and running.... it might be time to get back into some yoga... even if it is a DVD at home.

I suppose I just need some motivation and drive to kick my *kitten* back into the week!!!

I appreciate it!!!

Replies

• Vanessadk0604
    Options
    CONGRADS ON THE 5K!!!!!

and I actually fight this EVERY DAY!!!!! I've been on here for almost a month and lost 4 lbs, and i know that's good. But I'm always worried about self sabotage. I've noticed though that if i give in every once in a while I'm more amp to keeping with it.

So if you have a off week just remember to keep with it and your doing this for your self and your health!!!!

Good Luck
  • Wisemomoffour
    Wisemomoffour Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You've described my life! :) I think it just has to be the right time for you and when it is, it will work. Hang in there..and add me if you'd like some support!
  • tleaf2727
    tleaf2727 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Something that happens to me more often than I'd like, almost always after hitting a milestone. Give yourself some time, I'm sure w/in a few days you will find the motivation again. I realized the more I stress the more I sabotage, so yoga (stress relief) may be exactly what you need : )
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    It is so easy to let a few slip ups completely discourage you. I know that I have had to break myself of the habit of "the downward spiral" where I basically say, "well I already ruined my day/week, etc, so I might as well give up."

You are making a better life for yourself! Running that 5k is huge, so set another goal immediately! Whether it's a 10k, or a faster 5k, or whatever! you can do this! Don't give up because the reward is not just a better body, but the feeling of confidence and pride. What could be better than that?
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I've had this happen quite a bit over the last 17 months of my weight loss. Some days I just feel like eating everything in the kitchen (including the counter top) and saying 'screw it' to doing any exercise.

And some days I DO go over my calories, but even then I still make sure I get in my workout, by telling myself that 30 minutes (or 40 or whatever) is such a small part of my entire day that I need to just suck it up and be done with it. I know how I will feel after I've finished it, so I soldier on.

And congrats on your 5K! I bet that was an awesome feeling of accomplishment for you. Maybe if you signed up for another one it would give you the motivation you need to keep on with your exercise plans.
  • Aprill20
    Aprill20 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not alone. Everyone keeps telling me it's okay to have some bad days, that will actually help my weight loss in the long run.
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I think everyone struggles with this to some degree. I have days where I just don't feel like doing it anymore. I think it is especially easy to go off track after you reach a milestone. Have you set a new goal for yourself? Maybe, if you had something new to strive for that would help you get back on track.