To busy to eat lunch

Options
It doesn't happen often but some times I don't have time to eat lunch. and I don't want to play catch up when I get off because I work nights and pretty much go straight to bed when I get off. What do ya'll do to not send your body starvation mode?

Replies

• circuspixie
    Options
    when I worked nights on the floor, I found it necessary to keep a baggie of almonds in one of my scrub pockets. I measure out a serving size per baggie & that really helps! Also bring foods that are high in fiber & protein - those help keep you working all night. Carbs cause sugar crashes & as "comforting" as they are at 4am & again at 8am when you get home exhausted from a long night, it's not the healthiest thing at all for us.

I also had the best luck sticking to my "healthy ways" when I packed my jar of peanutbutter in my work bag. Sometimes I only had time to get a spoon & take a tbsp serving out to swallow- just for good fiber, fats & protein to keep going. :)

I don't know any other profession that is like ours- good thing we are sticking together on this to keep each other cheered on!!!