Triathlon

Options
3trees
3trees Posts: 71 Member
OK, I'm still in shock that I'm in the competition. I really feel better weight loss individuals than myself were eliminated and I'm sorry that's how it went.

That said, urbanmasala and lessofmeplease (our newest member, welcome!) need to do this triathlon.

Urbanmasala has requested the bike. LessofmePlease has requested the bike or elliptical. I'm OK, with any, so it seems obvious.

That said, I looked back at the run/walk challenge where I went 45 miles and each of you went 4 or 8. So, strategically, if that carries though to this week (which it might not, since walking/running is not the same as biking, etc), I might be able to bring the most mileage to the team. So, here are my projected numbers for this week. I could go 80-90 miles on the bike. I have a bike set up on a trainer in my basement. I could go 25 or so running. I ran a marathon (literally) today and will have to have some recovery time from running. This won't be a 45 mile week. I could go 20 or so on the elliptical, which I'd have to do at a gym so that would be the hardest for me. So, thinking through those numbers, I think bike miles are going to win this event. If either of you can do 60+ on the bike, go for it. Otherwise, even if we have near zero numbers on the run and/or elliptical, you should let me go to town on the bike and work to win immunity for the team.

That's the way I see it. This is, of course, open to discussion - realizing we need to sort this out quickly so we can start logging miles. The quickest way to figure out how we'd have the highest combined mileage as a team is if you each make a projection on how far you'd likely go in each event.

Sarah / 3Trees

Replies

• urbanmasala
    urbanmasala Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, sounds as if we may have a real dilemma here, as the elliptical and running are not going to happen for me.

The Bad News: As I said in my message Sarah, I have no access to an elliptical machine. As for running, I cannot at this time, as I do not want to re-injure my back and my doctor would have a cow! I only just started walking a couple of weeks ago, so I know that mileage will not cut it under any circumstances.

The Good News: I've been an active member in a "Mileage" group for the past few months and have worked my way up to 45-50 biking mile which I do every week. The individual goal for each member in my group is 45 miles and I knock that out in only 4 days of riding. I believe since I have relatively "fresh legs" I can commit to putting in 60+ bike miles, perhaps 70+ if needed.

So you see, the bottom line for me is, challenge or no challenge, I'm still going to put in the biking miles. But however you want to do it, just let me know. Any way the wind blows cools me off.

Thanks, guys. Have a great week! ;-)

Lynne
  • LessOfMePlease
    LessOfMePlease Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Glad to be back and a part of Team Green!

I use the elliptical as a huge part of my workout routine, so I was planning 7 miles/day minimum, including all days of the week. So that comes to 42 miles including Saturday.

When I use the bike, I normally hit about 8 miles/workout session, could increase that if necessary.

And if I have to run... well... let's just say hopefully the bike/elliptical miles would make up for my weakness? LOL! I'm awful at running. Started C25K with my husband and lasted 4 running days. Of course, I'm 25 pounds lighter now...

I will accept whatever role I'm given, but I will absolutely be logging decent elliptical miles regardless because it is my workout activity of choice (until I start Zumba 3/5!)
  • 3trees
    3trees Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ok, let's stick to the strenghts - Urbanmasala on bike, LessofmePlease on elliptical, and I'll walk/run as much as I can. Maybe I can get in a bunch of extra walk miles as I recover from the marathon. Let's go! I think we have a really good chance of placing well in this.

I think the bike miles are the key to placing well in this competition - since they will be the highest numbers - so I hope you have a great week Urbanmasala!

Have fun! This can be fun, right? :-) And don't forget excellent nutrition. I've read that weight loss is 20% exercise and 80% nutrition So, here's to healthy weight loss for all members of the Green Team!