Season 2 - Episode 9 - "Triggerfinger" (02/19/12)

Options
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 02/19/12 episode -- Triggerfinger

Feel free to join the group to add your comments: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/174-walking-dead-fans

Here is the 30 second preview in case you missed it:

http://thewalkingdeadpodcast.com/2012/02/12/the-walking-dead-season-2-episode-9-triggerfinger-30-second-promo-spoilers/

Replies

• SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Looking foward to tonights episode! Sundays are my favorite day...
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Counting down to the bar showdown...can.not.wait!!!!!!!
  • ItalianStallion75
    Options
    What a great episode!!! Heck they're all great eoisodes...lol
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Wow.

OK, I love Hershel's talking to he gave Shane. Shane is starting to freak me out, yo. I have had past experiences with creepy, clingy guys like that who are super strong thus making me worry about angering the dude. It made me all kinds of uncomfortable watching. Still, he was right to lie to Lori to get her back to the farm. Seriously, she still doesn't get that she almost orphaned her own son by being stupid.

How bad *kitten* that Rick just ripped that kid's leg through the fence post. My favorite moment of the evening.
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    I found myself yelling at Lori in the car. "Didn't you have a gun? Stupid woman!" LOL

Hershel finally gets it! (can't you hear the choir singing)

Poor Glen is so confused. He is at a crossroads now and seeing what it's like to have someone counting on you.

You really have to take a step back with Shane. Can you imagine his position? He had good reason to think that Rick was dead and then gets involved with Lori and falls in love with her only for Rick to miraculously show back up. It would be very hard to just jump back and act like your feelings aren't there. AND THEN find out she is pregnant and there is a good chance the baby could be his. Only to be told that even if it is his that he can't be there for it. That would be hard on anyone with half a heart. Lori is being cruel to him to try and get him to back off and I kind of get it but she is playing dirty pool now twisting it around in Rick's mind.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    You really have to take a step back with Shane. Can you imagine his position?
    I can, I really can...but being all creepy psycho like he's doing wigs me out. Lori really is making it worse. But if a guy I dumped kept being all scary and trying to convince me that I was still in love with him, I wouldn't take too kindly to that (oh wait, that HAS happened to me...ugh). I kept wanting to shout at Shane...it's over. I know it's awful, but it's over. When he kept saying "it's".... And her husband is alive...what does Shane expect? Lori to just say, sorry dear, while I thought you were dead, I made it with your best friend, and now that you're alive, I'm gonna stay with him. And confuse the hell out of my own son.

The baby thing...that IS sad. I'm hoping Rick mans up about it and maybe accepts the possibility that it may, in fact, be Shane's. But in this new world, there's no way to prove it one way or another.

I guess it's our own life experiences coloring some of our opinions of the characters on the show. I find it fascinating.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    That scene at the end of the show, with Lori whispering in Rick's ear about how dangerous Shane is, makes me think she's trying to get Rick to kill Shane.

Personally, if he bothered me that much (and yes, I think he is very dangerous), I'd just find a way to shoot him in the head myself and feed him to the walkers. Never mind getting my husband to do it FOR me.

Shane has crossed into an amoral dead zone, I think. He's lost his moral compass. And that makes him supremely dangerous as there is nothing to stop him from killing anyone that gets in his way.

Daryl is struggling with his humanity. He doesn't want to "feel" in any sort of sympathetic way (after Sophia), so he's chosen to cloak himself in this thick barrior of rage, sarcasm and hostility.
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    They're setting it up for a big showdown between Rick and Shane, definitely. Plus a showdown with the other group.

I keep thinking - why haven't they built a huge barbed wire fence around the property? I think if I were in that situation, I'd find a nice island somewhere, clear it of zombies and live the rest of my days in peace.
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    That scene at the end of the show, with Lori whispering in Rick's ear about how dangerous Shane is, makes me think she's trying to get Rick to kill Shane.

I completely agree...did you see Rick's FACE? she knows what she's doing, cuz she knows her man...But, im starting to wonder about Andrea's Motive...she has the HOTS for Shane.... and they are "treated the same" right now.....
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options

Shane has crossed into an amoral dead zone, I think. He's lost his moral compass. And that makes him supremely dangerous as there is nothing to stop him from killing anyone that gets in his way.

I think that if Shane had half a chance, he would kill Rick to get Lori and the new baby all to himself. It is not beyond his capacity to be sure. As much as I dislike Lori, she is right to warn Rick that he needs to watch his back.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that I secretly wished that Lori's baby died in the accident? :embarassed:
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    When Shane & Andrea were talking about how they are treated the same & how they can't let Rick & Hershel make the decisions anymore, I was loudly talking to the tv telling them that they should go on their merry way together since they are so all knowing & right.

I definitely see Lori as manipulating Rick to handle the Shane mess that she helped create.

I must say I loved the previews for next week!
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that I secretly wished that Lori's baby died in the accident? :embarassed:

Yes. :wink:
  • joelabro
    Options
    I was wondering if they meant for Lori to appear that manipulitive in the last scene with Rick, and I see a couple of you think she was. While she was manipulitive, she wasn't really lying either.

I have a tough time totally hating Shane. He's been right many times, and with the exception of the scene in Season 1 where he aims his gun at Rick in the woods, I didn't think he was dangerous to anyone in the core group. Yes he pretty much murdered Otis, but that was to get the meds back for Carl. Yes, he threatened Dale, but Dale was the one that started to make accusations against Shane first, and also Dale didn't start doing that until Shane seemed to be getting close to Andrea. So, Shane isnt' the only one to have selfish agendas.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Is it bad that I wanted her to get eaten by a walker? :laugh:

Other than that, I thought it was a good episode last night. I was starting to question whether I actually enjoy the show or not, but I did like last night's.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    So I never disliked Hershel and I loved what he became in this episode he grew a pair pretty fast in the situation and i am glad he did. I dont agree they should have taken the guy with them but at the same point its hard to kill people when they are just kids themselves. The other people did not care to stay for him. I loved the zombies eating the face off of the other bad guy lol CLASSIC!!! I feel for Glen he is so confused and he is just so afraid to have someone care for him. Love how great of a shot Hershel was and loved loved loved the evil glare you saw in Ricks face in the end when Lori was talking to him about Shane lol Still curious what the hell is wrong with Hershels other kid its so odd.

Is it bad that I wanted her to get eaten by a walker? :laugh:

Other than that, I thought it was a good episode last night. I was starting to question whether I actually enjoy the show or not, but I did like last night's.

my husband was laughing i was routing for the walkers not lori but she came out kinda bad *kitten* for a little thing lol she still annoys me lol she was def telling the truth to rick but they way she did it seemed manipulating.
    When Shane & Andrea were talking about how they are treated the same & how they can't let Rick & Hershel make the decisions anymore, I was loudly talking to the tv telling them that they should go on their merry way together since they are so all knowing & right.

I definitely see Lori as manipulating Rick to handle the Shane mess that she helped create.

I must say I loved the previews for next week!

i totally agree they dont need to stay if they dont like the way its going i dont think shane will ever leave because of lori he is obsessed with her. he might not always be wrong in how he thinks BUT he does not go about it at all right and def seems to me like he has taken a downward spin since he killed otis.
    They're setting it up for a big showdown between Rick and Shane, definitely. Plus a showdown with the other group.

I keep thinking - why haven't they built a huge barbed wire fence around the property? I think if I were in that situation, I'd find a nice island somewhere, clear it of zombies and live the rest of my days in peace.

thank you!! finally someone who thinks like me. My *kitten* would had done something to try to keep other people and walkers out even if it does not it will bring knowledge they are trying to come on the land.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    My favorites from last night were when the first zombie was trying to eat Lori and its face was coming off on the windshield glass. LOVED that. So gross. And then, of course, when that kid's leg was pierced, and Rick just ripped it off. Ouch.

Btw, I just found y'all, so if I bring up old stuff out of too much enthusiasm, forgive me.

Anyway, I think they're still carrying through with the idea that Rick makes the hard decisions. Shooting Sophia was concrete proof of that. Shane started that whole mess, then couldn't finish it. And I think that's where Lori and this episode comes in; Rick has a conscience, and that both strengthens him and weakens him. He won't just coldly kill Shane; I was SHOCKED when he took out those two guys last week. It shows how he's changing though, and that look on his face at the end of this episode shows that he's going to some pretty dark places as well. The hard decisions are getting even more difficult.

Shane... he was clearly a "good guy" in the beginning, genuinely caring about Rick. It's obvious he truly loves Lori and Carl too, or at least, he thinks he does. But his mind is slipping. When he killed Otis, he crossed a line he'd only been flirting with before, and it did something to him. I'm just waiting for Otis's Walker body to turn up at some point.

The character I'm obsessed with is Darryl. It seems like Carol is the only one who even knows he exists most of the time, and with this "gang" showing up, and his acting out like a crazed person, I'm wondering if they aren't going to bring Merle back with that gang, or if Darryl isn't tempted to join up with them or something along those lines.

I really want a walker to eat Andrea's face off. Just sayin'.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    The show makes me so tense when I watch it, but I look forward to it and enjoy the hell out of it anyway.

I'm routing for the walkers over Lori, too. Her face looks kinda tasty. When she was whispering to Rick at the end, I just mumbled, "Shut up, Jezebel." She's a whiny attention *kitten*, bless her heart.

Loved the bar scene, and I love how the characters are evolving, especially Rick, and I'm curious where they're going to take Darryl.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Shane is a total danger to anyone who may stand between himself and Lori. I agree that Lori was right to tell Rick about his crazy behavior. Has anyone else read the comics? I keep waiting for Shane to get bit or force someone to shoot him, lol. Not that that's gonna happen- they don't really follow the comic that much but I can still hope! Btw, my fav part was when the walkers ate that dudes face! Nice and gory!
  • joelabro
    Options
    Shane is a total danger to anyone who may stand between himself and Lori. I agree that Lori was right to tell Rick about his crazy behavior. Has anyone else read the comics? I keep waiting for Shane to get bit or force someone to shoot him, lol. Not that that's gonna happen- they don't really follow the comic that much but I can still hope! Btw, my fav part was when the walkers ate that dudes face! Nice and gory!

I read the comics, and ironically my favorite parts of the TV show are Shane and Darryl.