Introduce Yourself

Options
Hello all. My name is Lisa, creator of this group.

I am currently 153 pounds and 5'2. This leaves me at a BMI of about 28ish which is, of course, too high.

My goal is to weigh 125 pounds, then be able to stick to that weight through a journey of learning to eat healthier foods without losing the nutritional value! I want to set a good example for my kids; they are 5 and 2 so I can't afford to waste any more time!!

I don't have measurements yet, but will post them when I get a chance.

By the first week in May when this challenge is over I hope to have gotten down to at least 130.

Replies

• Katbrimat2008
    Katbrimat2008 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Katie, I am a single Mom of 2 & have lost 91lbs so far & still have 51lbs to go. I know I will get there because I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!! :) I do not have any specific goals in numbers to get to by May 4th, but my goals are to push myself as hard as I can, lose weight as well as inches & BMI. I just want to see how far I can take myself by then :) Here are my current measurements in pounds & inches as of this morning:

Weight: 207
    Neck: 12
    Chest: 35.5
    Hips: 39
    Thigh: 22.5
    Waist: 30
    Arm: 12
    BMI: 41.7%
    Water: 42.5%
    Bone Density: 6.0
  • tigressmomof5
    tigressmomof5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is JaNette, I am a 38yr old mom of 5. I am 5'2 and currently weigh 196lbs and my goal is to get down to 120lbs. In my life my dad passed away from heart problems and was obese, my mom passed away from pancriatic cancer, and was obese before diagnosed with the cancer. One of my sisters passed away from what started as lung cancer and then overtook her whole body. One of my brothers also passed away from some form of cancer but I am not real sure which kind. Two Maternal Aunts passed from Lung Cancer, a Maternal Uncle passed from Cancer and another sister has been fighting cancer for the last 2 years. So with all that Cancer in my family I want to loose this weight to get healthy and be able to fight any cancer I might get, and be here for my kids while they grow up. Plus it would be nice to walk on the beach with my husband in a pretty bathing suit. :-)
  • amber95823
    amber95823 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My name is Amber and I just turned 50 last month and am a single mom of a very active 8 yr old boy. I will weigh and measure tomorrow morning, which is scary because today was my first real bad food day. That is why I'm here, I have close to 100 lbs to lose but i want to lose it by making changes that I can live with the rest of my life so I need all the encouragement I can get and give. So here's to May 4th (and beyond)! I'll set goals in the morning also. :happy:
  • amber95823
    Options
    My name is Amber and I just turned 50 last month and am a single mom of a very active 8 yr old boy. I will weigh and measure tomorrow morning, which is scary because today was my first real bad food day. That is why I'm here, I have close to 100 lbs to lose but i want to lose it by making changes that I can live with the rest of my life so I need all the encouragement I can get and give. So here's to May 4th (and beyond)! I'll set goals in the morning also. :happy:

CW 240.7

May 4th Goal 220
  • amber95823
    Options

CW 240.7
    NECK 15 5/8
    CHEST (above breast) 41
    WAIST 41
    HIPS 45 1/2