Going out to Eat

Options
Has anyone else reached the point where they are almost afraid to go out to eat!!! I have!!! The kids are off of school this week and my husband calledand said they wanted to take me to lunch. I told them I couldn't go. I knew I brought a healthy salad and should eat that instead. It was very, very hard for me - but I know if I was in that situation I would have eaten badly.

I hate that I am starting to cringe when they mention going out......

Replies

• tobenjoy
    Options
    Yes, I do cringe and don't go out even a fraction as much anymore. That allows me to stay in control. I also warned my husband when I started over in January to support me and not tempt me! So he could stop dangling the forbidden fruit in front of me. So now eating out is NEVER spontaneous. It is planned and I plan my work outs and my intake around that. When I knew we were going out with friends for dinner. My breakfast and lunch was lighter on the calorie side and then I added a good workout. I had about 1200 calories in the bag when we went out. It is all about the planning. I looked up the menu of the restaurant before hand and already knew what direction I needed to go. Only way I can make it happen for me :)
  • viv_80
    viv_80 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    humm i don't really cringe i just get on my smart phone or computer(if at home or work) and research th nutrition part of what they have and try to know what i won't before i get there. Some of our eatting joins around here even have a bar code you can scan and it will tell you the nutrition facts on that meal i wish they all did that. :-)
  • Monkeykisses
    Options
    I cringe also and I like the idea of only planning ahead so I can check out the menu and making a plan. Hubby and I like to go out on the weekends even if its just to walk around stores. Of course we almost always end up eating out. I will have to make that less impromptu and more planned.