fa tuesday/ lent

Options
jerber160
jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
any plans for either?? I usually try for some jambalaya on fat tuesday,, but that won't be possible this year.. (busy plus calories) no plans for lent yet, other than to try to keep going as I have been since advent. little divine office hopefully every day or every other.... keep on an even keel... smile a lot...which is easier since I'm losing weight. strange that

Replies

• BestCindyICanBe
    BestCindyICanBe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    we usually have pizza on Fat Tuesday....I don't know why...just something I started with the kids. I am giving up facebook and the MFP Forums for Lent. I waste way too much time looking at both and will spend that time in spiritual reading. I am reading the Four Witnesses by Rod Bennett right now and when done with that will begin A Story of a Soul by St. Therese.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Ooooo....I like the idea of giving up the forums for Lent!
  • BestCindyICanBe
    BestCindyICanBe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It won't be easy. I see those topics at the side and just want to find out what the person is talking about but I am going to do my best.
  • macpatti
    Options
    It won't be easy. I see those topics at the side and just want to find out what the person is talking about but I am going to do my best.
    Ha! Me, too! Or I see one of my friends reply to one so I get curious. I'm also interested in reading a book on St. Therese of Lisieux!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options

somehow i get the sense you're lying. or am i reading too much into facetiousness?
  • chiltonenator
    chiltonenator Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up TV, diet coke, and nonessential computer use (logging my food and exercise is essential). I'm going to do the Morning Prayer, Midday Prayer, and Evening Prayer of the Liturgy of the Hours - if God grants me the perserverance!
  • macpatti
    Options
    somehow i get the sense you're lying. or am i reading too much into facetiousness?
    No, I'm really serious. I'm not meaning the group here. I'm meaning the main public forum on here. It would be good to get away from negativity.
  • freder1ck
    freder1ck Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    pizza and lemon crumble ice cream today. for fast days, I'm not going to go below 1200 calories (my net to lose weight is 1800 right now), so that puts me within the guidelines given by the bishops in the US (2 small and 1 regular meal). Serious fasting is for the healthy, and I'm not there yet!