So wrong and evil app!!

Options
ibvicki
ibvicki Posts: 12 Member
I use the phone app most of the time and have, on and off, for a year and a half. Well, today I added my new lower weight on the app and it asked if I wanted to recalculate calories etc.. I said I did and it recalculated - great - but it recalculated everything for the past two weeks!

So while I was on track and below calorie the entire time, now it shows I was above calories some days!! I dont remember how many calories I had before today, but now all my past shows my NEW calorie count - and me not following it! SO WRONG! Has anyone else had this problem? I am planning to only add new scale counts online from now on.

On another topic of so wrong - I started anew a couple of weeks ago, after dieting for about a month. Anyway - I have just today reached the weight I was when I began a year or so ago. So my ticker shows I have lost no weight <sob> evenj though I have been very diligent. So I adjusted my beginning weight to the wieght I was when I began dieting a month ago. Ta Da! My ticker shows progress!! Anyone handle this problem differently or view it as cheating?

And I so hope my ticker comes out right....
.url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]9961924.png[/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    That's the solution for the ticker, it's a "dumb tool" and compares only your official starting weight to your current weight to be able to report a loss, if you gained in the meantime. IE starting at 330 gaining to 340 and losing back to 331... yeah you've lost 9 lbs but are still one pound heavier than your starting weight so there is no weight loss "TO" report.

Ticker you don't need to copy and paste code anymore, just go to where you're reading this
    and see
    Mesage Boards > Heavy Weights
    Home > Recent Posts > My Topics > SETTINGS> Search

the only thing under settings, literally, at this time is the option to display your ticker or not.

As for the recalculation it would have done that either via the app OR the website, if you allow it to change your goals (which it will prompt you every 10 lbs lost) it changes ALL your entries to your new calorie / carb / fat / protein etc goals. AND if you do it while having custom macro's set those tend to get blanked out too so you have to re-enter.

Not sure what the solution is other than ignoring past entries, YOU know you did right by them, just the changing goals changed your history to what is now "in error"
  • ibvicki
    ibvicki Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I found the ticker check and it was very easy. I am also going to suggest the program change the recalculation to include future days only. That would be easy enough to fix and it's a real bummer to look back and not be able to see the effort you put into meeting your daily goals. And actually - I LOVE the phone app - this is the forst problem I have had with it.