Dinner?

Options
gbloom182
gbloom182 Posts: 75 Member
So I'm a rare breeds... a man that enjoys cooking. I tried this great recipe for Turkey and Quinoa Meatloaf last night! Really tasty and it doesn't dry out too much like most ground turkey recipes. had half a sweet potato and some green beans on the side. Even the kiddo liked it.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/turkey-and-quinoa-meatloaf/

I also made my own recipe up on the boards when I first started here. It's a Mexican Polenta lasagna, has a punch of flavor and not too bad on the calorie front! pair it up with a salad on the side.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/432523-mexican-polenta-casserole?error_user_id=13994388&error_username=gbloom182&hl=polenta

Both are good, hearty, and filling meals...

But I need some new dinner ideas, does anyone have any good ones?

Replies

• jomom2
    jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    they both sound really good, thanks for sharing! I wish my hubby would cook. I bought a spagetti squash today, have you ever tried it? I had it a while ago, I will try to make it in a way that I can fool the kids into thinking its spagetti LOL.
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I don't have a dinner suggestion (having a looooong day and my brain is a bit numb) but wanted to say thanks for the recipe. I love to cook too and am always looking for something new to try. Thanks for sharing!:flowerforyou:
  • gbloom182
    gbloom182 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey Jomom! Yes spaghetti squash is pretty great. Good as a side dish to a nice slice of grilled chicken/steak off the grill in the summer. It wont fool the kids if you try to say its pasta however... (my wife tried this trick on me! haha) I find that if you make a casserole out of it, like a lasagna but replace the noodle layer with a layer of spaghetti squash it makes a tasty, calorie dropping option. I've cut most pasta out of my diet, its too costly in calories and I was never a huge fan so I replace with squash and polenta or whole grains like Couscous.
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    Ingredients:
    Primo - Italian Style Rice Originario, 180 g **Recipe is on back of package!**
    Onion - White - Medium, 1 1/2 Cup
    Fresh - Chopped Garlic, 0.5 tsp (4.5g)
    Becel - Light Calorie-Reduced Margarine, 6 tsp
    No Name - Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth, 2 cup
    Grande Cheese - Parmesan, 5.33 Tbsps. (15g)
    Parsley - Raw, 0.25 cup
    Generic - Wine, White, Dry (Chablis, Hock, Reisling, Pino), 2.5 oz
    Sunrise Extra Firm - Tofu, 1/4 package (85g)
    Total:

1211 Calories - Makes 4 Servings

178 Carbs

68 Fat

40 Protein

** Per Serving:

303 Calories

45 Carbs

17 Fat

10 Protein