I'm new to the group. One of my challenges as a stay at home

Options
My children are 5, 2, and 6 months. I am in the kitchen ALL DAY LONG. Either making a bottle, fixing a snack, or loading/unloading dishes... It's a challenge to not snack. I try to leave grapes or carrots on the counter so that if I get the urge to pop something in my mouth I have a healthy option. But I am not always so good...

Anyone else have any tips or suggestions to keep from snacking all day...???

Replies

• Pandahead
    Pandahead Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Chewing gum? Planning all of your meals and snacks and sticking strictly to them? Drinking a glass of water whenever a craving hits and waiting fifteen minutes?

I don't know. Hopefully someone else has better advice. :)
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    This is a huge problem for me too. When I'm on my game I'll make a big honkin' pot of tea - green, red, or herb - or decaf coffee (black) and leave it in the kitchen. Then, every time I'm in the kitchen grazing, I'll try to reach for the tea or coffee first. A lot of times once I set that down, I just walk away and I'm good. Sometimes I'll grab something else. But there are enough times that I walk away after drinking that those days I actually stay in my calorie budget. Sounds foolish, but success is success. I think there's something about me that I just want to be putting something in my mouth sometimes, and a cup of tea is as useful as a chocolate bar.

I hope this helps.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Minty gum is a good idea..nothing tastes good with gum. I always drinks lots of decaf tea throughout the day too.
  • ejenkins24
    Options
    try having pop corn around. easy to prepare and since there is volume you'll get fuller faster, and you can eat alot with little calories. or i like apple slices with a little peanut butter. yummy.

but if i find myself wanting something sweet i don't stop myself, i'll take a little, so i won't, at the end of the day, finally give in to my craving and totally over do it.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i try to plan my meals and leave some calories for snacks I try to not stray from my meals and try to keep water or make some coffee or tea to keep me feeling satisfied :)
  • 7w6sxChris
    7w6sxChris Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea all day which speeds metabolism as well as fill your stomach and help with hunger! I know the feeling and struggle with that mysefl! I find myself picking off my kids plate if they dont finish it!