Getting Trim For a reason! (my wedding, being my reason)

Options
Hi all,

just wondered if anyone out there is getting slim for a special occasion for example a wedding (like me), a holiday, etc...

Also whether your abiding by a diet to get there, which one your on and how its working for you!

I personally have 58 weeks to go until I marry the love of my life and Im determined to look great on our (her) day. :-), Im looking to limit my cals but still have treats and enjoy what I'm eating, as i beleive that if you just go extreme and stop everything that you enjoy, then there is no point! Im also combining the nutrition with a bit of jogging!

Intrested to see what your all doing and look forward to your responses!

Much love..(oh yeah..read my blog) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/cowleyibiza/view/31kg-wow-this-will-be-hard-wk1-205949

Rich

Replies

• Albofish
    Albofish Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yep! I'm getting married at the end of June and want to get down to the weight I was when I first met my wife-to-be and tone up a bit for the honeymoon! lol

Currently I'm doing it purely through diet, I've set MFP to -2lb a week but my target is -1.5lb a week, so this gives me the flexibility to go over calories without feeling guilty, I can still enjoy a good hearty Sunday dinner and a few treats now and then without having to eat a bag of lettuce for lunch.

From 1st March my employers are moving to a new office which is a 15min walk from home so I'll be ditching the car and doing 30min of exercise 5 times a week of which I'll only eat back half / none at all of the calories it burns. As the weather improves I'll swap to my bike and cycle the "wrong" way home from work so I end up doing 30min at a moderate pace every day.

I've found simple changes are leading to big results; I've gone from 2 sugars to 0 sugars (and 0 sweeteners) in my coffee, which has cut around 80 "hidden" calories a day from my diet, filling my desk drawers with pot noodle style snacks for lunch have given way to a small lunch box which is just big enough to get a sandwich and some fruit in and I can't remember the last time I ate a bag of crisps at work!

I used to pop in to Asda every week and buy the 3 for £3.50 multipack crisps and end up eating them all in a week, that's nearly around 5 bags a day on top of crap lunch food and other chocolately snacks.
  • TeeferTiger
    TeeferTiger Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I wanted to lose weight for my wedding. I did, not as much as I'd wanted but I do have health problems so that couldn't be helped. It also didn't help that the Dr put me on appetite stimulant pills about a month before and so all I wanted to do was eat lol

Anyway, I'm now at the weight I wanted to be at 5 months ago when I got married, and I'm just carrying on because I like looking better than I did before and it's better for my health.
  • pinkprincess205
    Options
    Hi
    Im loosing weight so thati can get pregnant. Kinda a big deal for me as never thought i would have kids. Fertility doc said lose weight. Im 37lb down n more to go x
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Brother-in-law's wedding in May - I don't want to look like the fat bloke in the photos
  • kirstypoos
    kirstypoos Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ive my August wedding and honeymoon to think about... Not worn a bikini since I was 21!
  • Twinkletoestasha
    Twinkletoestasha Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Best of luck no doubt you an do it !! Nice to see men are just as interested as us girlies for such events.
    Im bridesmaid (2nd time) for close friends on March 30th. So trying my best to look lovely once in the dress.

Dont want to spoil the brides photo's Lol :laugh:
  • ladyk1985
    ladyk1985 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Im trying to lose a little for my wedding on the 30th march and miss twinkletoestasha is my bridesmaid so were supporting each other. 5 weeks to go and feeling good..........at the moment,lol.x