*Treat Yourself*

Options
So....I'm sure that for me healthy eating, counting calories, drinking lots of water will be both great and exciting when thinking on the terms of losing this weight.

BUT

I was just wondering....do any of you have "TREAT YOURSELF" days where you eat maybe a steak or fried catfish? If so what's the best way to do that???

Replies

• kbf2107
    kbf2107 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this thread. I've been doing MFP for about 40 days now, and since I've started I've had nothing fried, no pizza, no juice/soda, no candy, no chocolate, no baked goods, no burgers. Pretty much just healthy stuff all the time. And to be honest, I'm kind of afraid to incorporate that stuff back into my diet, although I know I will need to once I've reached my goal weight.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I have a treat day every so often (Old Spaghetti Factory mizithra cheese dishes!), but I keep the portions/calories within a controllable limit by eating portions instead of the whole thing. It makes it doubly awesome to wake up the next day and have more waiting for me in the fridge, too. :P
  • squared16
    Options
    Sometimes I'll eat something I know is higher cal (carrot cake is my weakness) and then try to make sure to exercise it off or be careful with my calories the rest of the day. Smoothies can be a nice treat as a substitute for milkshakes and stuff. I also try to keep in mind that MFP caloric deficit is a weekly total and not necessarily day by day. So if I go over one day I just have to stay under on a different day and the it should all add up.
  • josee91
    josee91 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I basically eat whatever I want (usually healthy, vegetarian foods) and everytime I eat, I input it into the phone app. I keep track of calories, so if I decide to eat a "treat" I usually cut out some of my other meals to stay at my calorie goal for the day :)
    LOVE the app!!!! so easy and it helps me see what I've been eating, how much and what's left to reach my goal. I look at the app and where I'm at several times a day, usually before and after meals.