Am I the only one who doesn't do the stretch videos?

Options
I really only have about an hour to get in a good workout before my kids start bombarding me, so I tend to skip any stretch videos and focus more on calorie burning stuff. Like I replace it with another video to burn more. Does anyone else do this?

Replies

• brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I don't do the stretch videos after the workouts, but I do the one stretch 40 a week after the 20 of core. Do you do another calorie burning video after a Fire video or were you talking strictly about that stretch 40 class?
  • jaszmyn
    jaszmyn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well...I just started this week and I skipped the stretch on day 2 and the first HIIT workout (I was soooo exhausted!!). I definatley felt it the next day. So much, that I actually did the stretch on a rest day. Maybe cause I am just getting into it and my body has to learn everything. I guess as long as you do PART of the stretch. (yeah a 40 minute stretch is kinda long.) Good luck!
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I did the stretch 10 on the first day but since then I've been doing my own stretching and incorporating some of the moves she used in that video. I can see myself doing the longer stretching videos, but I haven't got up to that yet!
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    I HATE to stretch. Absolutely hate spending 10 minutes going slowww mo! BUT that being said, it is very important to stretch. I was just recently training for a half marathon. After my runs I would never stretch because once I came home from the run I was bombarded with kids saying they were hungry, the two kids in diapers coming to me telling me they poo'd (why they waited to tell me instead of telling their daddy is beyond me), or crying for some reason. It was like massive craziness coming home after a run. So I didn't stretch... well that bit me in the booty after a month or so. My body HATED me. I was sore, I couldn't workout like I had been because everything hurt.. it was bad. So I spent a few days just stretching and felt better.

So my advice, don't skip stretching all together. At least do the little stretching she does at the end of the classes. You need to cool your muscles down a little after such an intense workout. My goal this time through is to do the Stretch 40 and appreciate the little bit of a break because my body deserves the stretch (I did fast forward through parts of it last round.. bad me!) once a week.
  • laurahalford
    Options
    I hate the stretch part.. I have bad neck and shoulder problems.. and the streching makes me literally want to vomit.. which is not how I want to feel after having an awesome work out.. So i just do my own streches after the work out is completed.. especially for my calves which always kill after a Turbo fire work out!
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I always finish her videos and stretch at the end with her, but not the additional 10 minutes :) I may have to do it after the HIITS though because my legs were sore yesterday :) All that jumping :)
  • agwodke
    agwodke Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't do the stretch classes. I'm on week one and skipped the stretch classes. I can't stand going slow motion. I like to be moving around and feelings like I am getting a good hard workout in. I will stretch on my own while watching TV, but a whole video of it is not fun.
  • isys5
    isys5 Posts: 213
    Options
    I should and always say I will add more stretching/yoga but so far, nope :( Probably why I am sore everyday ;)
  • isys5
    isys5 Posts: 213
    Options
    oops hit enter :) I always do the warm up & cool down stretch though. I skipped it one time and ended up with a painful butt injury (seriously, got out of the van and must have pinched/pulled something during the "pivot") omg, missed several workouts and could barely walk for 3-4 days, never again ;)
  • ldukes52487
    ldukes52487 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: I'm a huge fan of yoga so slow-mo stretching is a favorite of mine.

That being said, I love the stretching. It allows your body to heal properly after you do all that damage to it, especially when you just start out. Not stretching can create injuries or flare up old injuries that will get in the way of your weekly workout routine. I have an old injury from 15 years ago that I never stretched out and I regret it to this day. I know it's not everyone's favorite but if you're working that hard to lose the weight, take the extra 10 minutes to relax. The oxygen returns to your exhausted body and allows you to feel rejuvenated. She could have changed up the 10 minute stretched though... her same jokes get old.
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I do the 10 minute stretch sessions about 90% of the time. I definitely do the 40 minute stretch. I think it is important to stretch so I try not to miss it.
  • tiarah83
    Options
    I admit I've only done the 10 minute stretch video twice. But today, my arms hurt so bad I can hardly lift them so I will definitely add that additional 10 minutes from here on.