new to this group

K_Pow
K_Pow Posts: 64 Member
Hi there, I've been using MFP (actively) since the new year and just realized there were groups!! LOL

I'm a very happy mom to a (just turned) one year old daughter! I have been up and down in my weight loss for years now. In college I ballooned up to a whopping 230 pounds then moved to another province (from NF to ON) and got healthy, after getting to a comfy weight at 175 (ultimate goal of 165) I found myself pregnant (after 3 years of trying) and went back to my 230 pounds. Since my beautiful daughter was born in Feb 2011 I have managed to get myself back to 185 pounds and trying to get back to pre-baby weight and then to my ultimate goal of 165.

I returned to full time work late January and have been trying to find my balance ever since. I am also an RPM (cycling) instructor but my part time hobby has gone to the way side since returning to full time work. My gym time has dwindled significantly but I am working out at home (currently on Level 1 - Day 8 of the 30 Day Shred) with going to the gym on weekends for my much needed cardio burn!

Any other moms out there who would like to add me for help/motivation and friends please feel free to add me :)

Cheers!
K

Replies

• Hey girl welcome to the group. hopefully alot will add you. We are all here to help with motivation !!
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 176 Member
    I have been with MFP since January and enjoy the groups. I joined this one today :)
    Always looking for friends and motivation.
  • smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 251 Member
    Just joined the group today. I am a mother of two (daughter is 13 and son is 10). Married to my wonderful hubby for 16 years. I work full-time and just returning to work this week after surgery. So I am trying to balance family schedules, work and fitting exercise in there somewhere. Looking for friends and motivation!
  • RCH78
    RCH78 Posts: 1 Member
    I also just joined MFP and the group today. I am a single mother of a very energetic 7 yr old boy. I also work full time, so I am trying to find a blance of our time together, his activities, work, and working out. It's a challenge, But I am determined to meet my goal! I am looking for motivation, healthy meal ideas, etc. Good luck everyone!
  • Happy friday everyone. im so excited to see yall on the group. we all need motivation and help to achiev our goals