Quick, easy, 3-4 ingridient meals and under 400 cal ideas?

Options
Runing out of idea so.... pls let me know yours?

Max 3 - 4 ingridients, easy to make?

My fav easy peasy are:

1/2 cup cous cous mixed with a few (5-6) sun dried tomatoes, some (1/2 a tin) chick peas and2 boiled drumsticks skin off(4 ingridients) - around 330 cal

or 50g fusli pasta with again sun dried tomatoes (5-6) and 2 boiled chicken drumsticks skinn off (3 ingidients) - around 374 cal

I boil 4 chicken drumstics together and have 2 for one meal one day (with cous cous which I do never boil, jst cover with boling water and set aside while I chop the chicken and tomatoes) and the other 2 for another day to mix with pasta and sun dried tomatoes.

Any ideas from other MFP members? Suggestions?

Meal need to be under 400 cal pls?

Both very quick to make, cheap and not much washing up - total blisssssss

Replies

• mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Quorn stir fry ... sounds horrible, but is pretty good, from my food diary this week:

Quorn - Chicken Style Pieces (Frozen), 300g 308 cals
    Generic - Vegetable Stir Fry, 165g 83 cals
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Get Oats, Add Cottage Cheese and Cinammon. Eat.
  • EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I love salmon - bake it with teryaki sauce, garlic and ginger, and serve with veggies of your choice and a small portion of egg noodles. Mmmmm omega.
  • Anna_43
    Anna_43 Posts: 117
    Options
    oats with grated pear and cinamon - lovely too and only 3 igridients

any more ideas?

but pls under 400 cal and no more than 3-4 (max) ingridients ;)
  • TeeferTiger
    TeeferTiger Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thai style sweetcorn soup. 202 calories a portion, very filling and blasts out any cold you might've had! :laugh: I used fry light instead of the oil to fry the bits off so that could possibly reduce calories further.

Takes 10 mins to make. Here's the recipe, but it was originally in the low fat, low cholesterol cook book (which I've had for years).

Made this soup for tea last night, put plenty of garlic and chilli in there, the garlic has been leeching out of me today though lol

http://www.foodrecipeonline.com/soup-starters/soups-recipes/thai-style-sweet-corn-soup.php
  • Anna_43
    Options
    great BUT there is like 9128758715871635 ingridients and I am really only after meals with max 4 ;)
  • TeeferTiger
    TeeferTiger Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    great BUT there is like 9128758715871635 ingridients and I am really only after meals with max 4 ;)

For the soup?! There are 5 main ingredients, you don't have to use oil for frying it off so that's extra, chilli is extra and then seasoning isn't really an ingredient!
  • Anna_43
    Options
    Well, there is more than 3-4 ingridients :

Ingredients

2.5ml/1/2 tsp sesame or sunflower oil

2 spring onions, thinly sliced

1 garlic clove, crushed

600ml/1 pint chicken stock

425g/15 oz can cream-style sweet corn

225g/8 oz peeled, cooked prawns

5ml/1 tsp green chili paste or chili sauce (optional)

salt and ground black pepper

fresh coriander leaves, to garnish

and I REALLY live on a very tight budget so need cheap inspirations ;)
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt and Berries

Cous Cous, Chicken and Spinach

Yoghurt and Cottage cheese are both great cheap sources of Protein
  • Anna_43
    Options
    Thanks - any more ideas with cous cous?

Realy like cous cous, have a lot of it at home, no cooking/no washing up - like cous cous LOL
  • HisMissus
    HisMissus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    For lunch I often dry fry some sliced mushrooms and onions, then add the cous cous and water/stock and then when it's ready I throw in some chopped boiled gammon.

If you like pasta, I dry fry some sliced/chopped mushrooms, add some Quorn mince or quorn chicken pieces and a carton of passata. Usually makes enough for 4 portions, add cooked pasta, and hey presto 4 lunches. I usually freeze 2 portions in bags for the week after.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Mine has 5 but honestly it couldn't be simpler and only uses 1 pan:

Fishy Rice - serves 3/4 and only 265 Calories per serving (795 in total)

Tescos Frozen Fish Pie Mix - Fish Pie Mix, 200 g (that's ½ a pack)
    Tesco - Jumbo King Prawns, 1/2 a pack (120g)
    Milk - 300ml (I use whole milk, but semi-skimmed would be ok too)
    Frozen - Garden Peas, 120 g
    Tilda - Egg Fried Rice, 1 pack

In a large deep frying pan, poach the fish pie mix and king prawns in milk (I usually add some dill & seasoning); After 5mins add the frozen peas and simmer for another 2-3mins before adding a bag of microwave egg-fried rice (no need to cook first in microwave). Let the mixture heat through and serve.

I love to eat this with a toasted mini naan and usually have this a couple of times a month, when I need something quick and easy.

Simples!