Team Green No Elimination Challenge

Options
3trees
3trees Posts: 71 Member
A while back, PhasedAngel had the great idea that we hold our own "no elimination challenges."

In the spirit of triathlon week, I propose we do just that, for all green team members - on and off the ranch.

So, pick your mode of exercise: bike, walk/run, or elliptical.

Now, the bikers need a handicap. For myself, I can go 16 or so mph on the bike with about the same
effort as a 5 mph run. So, I'd say take bike miles and divide by 3 to compare to walk/run or elliptical miles.
(I'm also basing this on my elliptical effort being about the same as my walk/run effort for a given distance.)

It's not a perfect scientific study, but it roughly evens the playing field.

First place gets bragging rights, second place gets virtual glory, third place gets a rock hard body...ok maybe
that should go to first place?

If you want to play, just follow the same instructions as provided by MFPsTheBiggestLoser. Pick an event. Start tracking your milage TODAY. MONDAY!!! You can post progress here, if you wish.

For the record, I'm doing the run/walk, Urbanmasala is on the bike, and LessofMePlease (our newest member!) is on the elliptical.

Go for it! Have fun! Eat well! Get lots of sleep! Drink water! Have a great week! Post updates here! :-)

Replies

• SailorMoon007
    SailorMoon007 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think running will be my drug of choice :wink:
  • urbanmasala
    urbanmasala Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Cool! I'm in for biking, but I doubt that everyone is as well conditioned as you, Sarah. I know I don't ride quite that fast.

Mon, Feb 20th Mileage: Completed a 15.27 mile bike ride for a total of 15.27 miles so far this week.

Recap:

Mon - 15.27

Just posted a 15.27 mi walk with RunKeeper. Check it out here: http://runkeeper.com/user/urbanmasala/activity/71582248
  • 3trees
    Options
    Yay! Urbanmasala is already racking up the miles on the bike.

SailorMoon and I are going for the running endorphins. I need to hit the treadmill now...back later!
  • urbanmasala
    Options
    Tue, Feb 21st Mileage: Completed an 11.43 mile bike ride for a total of 26.70 miles so far this week.

Recap:

Mon - 15.27
    Tue - 11.43

Just posted an 11.43 mi bike ride with RunKeeper. Check it out here: http://runkeeper.com/user/urbanmasala/activity/71749573
  • urbanmasala
    Options
    Tue, Feb 21st Mileage: Completed an 11.43 mile bike ride for a total of 26.70 miles so far this week.

Recap:

Mon - 15.27
    Tue - 11.43

Just posted an 11.43 mi bike ride with RunKeeper. Check it out here: http://runkeeper.com/user/urbanmasala/activity/71749573
  • 3trees
    Options
    Yay! Great job Urbanmasala.

Running:
    Mon: 2
    Tues: 6 planned for 6pm :-)
  • LessOfMePlease
    LessOfMePlease Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Okay, here's mine (I'll probably just keep this post and edit it as the days go past) - am doing elliptical miles with half-mile walk for cooldown before I leave the gym:

Monday: 7 (elliptical) + 0.5 walk = 7.5
    Tuesday: 7 (elliptical) + 0.5 walk = 7.5
  • urbanmasala
    Options
    Oh, I didn't know we could each count our running/walking miles, too. I thought we were to include only our miles for our specific functions, i.e., the person doing the biking only count biking miles. Some let me know, because If can include ALL miles we do, I can add my walking miles to help build things up.

Wait... I might be getting this confused with the MFP BL Challenge.

Help me out , y'all. LOL

Thanks, guys! ;-)
  • LessOfMePlease
    Options
    Oh, I didn't know we could each count our running/walking miles, too. I thought we were to include only our miles for our specific functions, i.e., the person doing the biking only count biking miles. Some let me know, because If can include ALL miles we do, I can add my walking miles to help build things up.

I'm sorry, I think it was me that was confused (or was I cheating? LOL) - I'll edit to remove my walking miles. It does say to pick your one mode. Oops!!!

ETA: Bigger oops! I guess I can't edit older posts? (I rarely use the forums on MFP) - so I guess I"ll start the "right way" with my next post tomorrow. Sorry!
  • 3trees
    Options
    We're each limited to tracking just one sport, just like the BL challenge.

I got my 6 miles in tonight while watching BL on TV. Disappointing show, but a solid 6 mile walk/run.

Looks like I need to step it up - you are all doing fabulously! I need to build gradually after the marathon last Sunday so I don't get injured. However, I can also include regular walking during the day, so I'll add that in (tracked by bodybugg) which will up my numbers a little.

GO GREEN!
  • urbanmasala
    Options
    Wed, Feb 22nd Mileage: Completed an 11.41 mile bike ride for a total of 38.11 miles so far this week.

Recap:

Mon - 15.27
    Tue - 11.43
    Wed - 11.41

Just posted an 11.43 mi bike ride with RunKeeper. Check it out here: http://runkeeper.com/user/urbanmasala/activity/71971523
  • LessOfMePlease
    Options
    Wed: 3 miles (sorry, it was a helluva day banging tile off of our kitchen floor)

Week's running total so far: 17 elliptical miles.
  • 3trees
    Options
    Wed: 3.1 on the treadmill, plus a couple just going about my day.

About 15 miles so far this week (I haven't downloaded numbers from the body bugg yet which tracks steps).

Tomorrow will be a longer workout.
  • 3trees
    Options
    Thursday: 6.2 on the treadmill. more from just walking around.

TWO DAYS TO GO!
  • urbanmasala
    Options
    Fri, Feb 24th Mileage: Completed an 11.50 mile bike ride for a total of 49.61 miles so far this week.

Recap:

Mon - 15.27
    Tue - 11.43
    Wed - 11.41
    Thu - 0.00
    Fri - 11.50

Tomorrow's ride is planned for 15 miles.

Just posted an 11.50 mi bike ride with RunKeeper. Check it out here: http://runkeeper.com/user/urbanmasala/activity/72254456
  • LessOfMePlease
    Options
    Thursday: 0 no thanks to home improvement projects
    Friday: 10

Total so far this week: 27

With tomorrow's 7 that I will complete before weigh-in is submitted, I've got 34 miles to add for us.

I'm sorry it wasn't the 42 I'd planned, but I didn't realize I'd be tearing out our kitchen and dining room flooring for several days on end! :-/
  • urbanmasala
    Options
    My legs are spent after all this extra bike riding this week. I'm sooooo glad this BL challenge is over. Hopefully, I can still make it through my walk tomorrow. Heck, I might just be done for the week. Oh, and just so you guys know, I may be leaving the ranch this week, unless we win the challenge. I did the best I could. I hope it was enough because I didn't lose any weight this week and I cannot for the life of me understand why. It just doesn't make any sense and I am very disappointed.

Sat, Feb 25th Mileage: Completed a 15.37 mile bike ride for a total of 64.98 miles this week.

Recap:

Mon - 15.27
    Tue - 11.43
    Wed - 11.41
    Thu - 0.00
    Fri - 11.50
    Sat - 15.37

Just posted a 15.37 mi bike ride with RunKeeper. Check it out here: http://runkeeper.com/user/urbanmasala/activity/72409049