Funk

Options
How do you get yourself out of a funk? I am in a serious one!!! I have no energy to exercise, track or anything.....I know it is because I am really upset with my husband but I just don't know how to get out of it!!!

What do you do when you are in one of these???

Replies

• tobenjoy
    Options
    Wow! It is tough. One of the reasons this weight loss journey is so different than the dozens of others times I have tried is that I am putting myself first becuase if I don't no one else will. And for me even being pissed at life or hubby is an excuse to not stay committed to what I have promised myself. When you get in a funk focus on the positive. The bright side of the weight you have lost already, all the great things that await you as you inch closer to your goal. This is the longest I have stuck with my weight loss journey and it has become second nature. I don't know how not to log in my food, how not to work out and I count on all my friends here on MFP to help me and hold me accountable. I'm here for you, we all are!
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Yeah that is a tough one.. you will need to IM what is going on with hubby. Sadly when I am in a funk I eat- BUT DO NOT DO THAT ! Go for a nice walk with some music- think things out. Go shopping... get your nails done. Things that will brighten your spirit,
  • bed2883
    bed2883 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm get stressed out frequently and get down easily. I'm also an emotional eater, but now that I'm committed to this journey eating cookies or chips just isn't worth it. I feel sick after I do. Now I go window shopping or read a book. Something just for me.
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I listen to music. If I hear some of my favorite songs I cant help but smile. So for me I turn on pandora or iTunes,put in the earbuds and hit the treadmill or track. And the louder the better.
  • SHANNHENNE
    Options
    Work out with a buddy :) We will keep each other on track......Come on...we can do it!!!!!
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I too have been there. The answer is there is no magic. You simply need to just do it. You need to make yourself get up and exercise and as soon as you start doing it, then it will become a habit. Your energy level will go up and also you will just start to feel better. It worked for me!