Roast Dinner

Options
2»

Replies

• taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Oh no.. I am NOT giving up on roast beef/potatoes/carrots/onions.. no way.. THAT is scary ;)

Yucky, roast beef. Lamb all the way!! :P

Sorry Foodie, the only way to eat lamb is in a Kleftico... that Mediterranean combination is heaven on a plate!
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I think I will go and have a wander in my kitchen and plan a Sunday lunch for tomorrow now. I know I have a sweet potato in the fridge plus broccoli, carrots, cabbage, parsnip and petit pois in the freezer. I bought a hob top steamer the other day too so will put it to some use.

Roll on tomorrow
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i never thought of a roast dinner as unhealthy...?
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Whats unhealthy about potatoes, meat and vegetables?
  • Twinkletoestasha
    Twinkletoestasha Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Steer clear from Beef basted Potatoes.. Lovely but OMG calorific !! Lol
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Whats unhealthy about potatoes, meat and vegetables?

It is what we do to them when we are cooking them in a roast dinner. We add oil to roast parsnips and potatoes, add accompaniments like Yorkshire Puddings and apple sauce. Make gravy from the meat juices.

Like you say potatoes meat and veg are not unhealthy, the chef usually is :embarassed:
  • dodo99
    Options
    Ditch the oil and fat on the potatoes, use a lean cut of meat, steam the vegetables and leave out the yorkshire pud if you really want to reduce calories. And then: reduce the portion size!
  • HisMissus
    HisMissus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    When I cook roasties, I par boil the spuds for about 10 mins, one spray of 1-cal oil in a roasting tray, add spuds then one or two more spray on the spuds and roast them. If you give the spuds a bit of a bash about in the pan and rough them up before you add them to the tray, they go really crispy.
  • mocha1975
    mocha1975 Posts: 44
    Options
    I love a good Sunday roast - I treat it as one of my indulgent days, log everything and increase my exercise if I have drastically gone over my weekly calorie goal. I have to say the sweet potato/spinach recipe sounds delish! Going to give this a go :)