Snacks - Delicious and Nutritious

Options
So I am still not getting my enough calories in daily so I'm looking for some good snacks to eat between meals. I'm going to need ones that boost my protein level since I'm a vegetarian, high in fiber and other stuff. But good lol. Oh and if you know of any sweets that will curb my cravings for chocolate all the time I'd greatly appreciate it. I do have dark chocolate on occasion but I am a gluten for pastries and stuff. HELP!!!

Replies

• MrsGoHard
    MrsGoHard Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    can you have like chocolate protein shakes?
  • AmoureInfinity
    AmoureInfinity Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've used protein shakes before but wanted something different.
  • MissDeenaDiva
    MissDeenaDiva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've heard that Skinny Cow Dream Clusters are really good. I've never tried them but they say they are amazing!
  • AmoureInfinity
    Options
    I have seen the 'Skinny Cow' products and know of some that have tried them and say they are pretty good. I'm going to have to look into those because I completely forgot about them. Please keep coming with snacks ladies any you have tried or want to try. Thanks.
  • tifferzb1206
    tifferzb1206 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been munching on these Fiber One bars that were on sale at Walgreens 2 boxes for $5. They're pretty sweet just like any other granola type bar but they're LOADED with fiber. I was doing some reading about fiber/protein in it's relation to carbs and basically came to the formula that you can add the amount of fiber + protein, and then subtract that from your carbs to get an idea of how many carbs are being stored as fat (if that makes any sense). In other words if it's full of fiber/protein, the amount of carbs isn't as bad as if it has none of those. I'm a carb watcher so that helps for me.

I know that Micah and Quana mentioned those Jello mousse dessert cups. Those would definitely feed the chocolate craving as well.
  • AmoureInfinity
    Options
    Those jello mousse cups are definitely on the list. I was going to get some last shopping trip but forgot all about them but not this time. I can't believe I forgot about those things because I use to get them all the time. I'll look into those fiber one bars also.
  • MrsGoHard
    MrsGoHard Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'll have to look into the fiber one bars myself. The chocolate mousse is so wonderful especially with strawberries. mm mm GOOD. I love the brown rice cakes with seasalt and some strawberry preserves. Before I could eat table sugar again, I would also take a brown rice cake and put about two teaspoons of peanut butter on it and then a sweet fruit like red grapes or pineapples or kiwi and it was GREAT.
  • AmoureInfinity
    Options
    I wasn't able to find the sugar free chocolate mousse cups because they no longer sell them at this particular location so I'm on a hunt. As for the Fiber One bars I found them 2 for $5 at my grocery store which was awesome. I am also going to get the Nature Valley Protein bars as advised by my future because he said I need to get my protein intake up since I'm not getting enough being a vegetarian. I've also started eating 100 calorie popcorn w/ lite butter, peanut butter (no sugar), and shelled peanuts (snack amt 10). Fruit of course is a given but I think I'm going to have to buy some veggies to snack on as well.