Am I crazy?

Options
I was diagnosed with MS 30 years ago with a spinal tap. Eight years ago I was told my MRI was consistent with the diagnosis from the spinal tap. In January an MRI showed the lesions were unchanged and there were no new ones. I have been experiencing greater fatigue than usual, weakness, dizziness, tingling, numbness type sensations and they are gradually worsening. I have had three MRIs (two of the brain and c-spine and one of the thoracic spine) and the lesions haven't worsened. I really hoped the MRI results would validate my symptoms--especially since these (except for cognitive problems) have been the first ones I have had since being diagnosed 30 years ago.

Am I crazy!

Replies

• huds_mommy
    Options
    I am sure that you are anything BUT crazy. I really wish I had an explination or anything that could help varify your symptoms for you, but I really don't. The symptoms you are having are exactly what MS is all about, so I am sure its related in some way. I hope you bounce back quickly and am sorry I couldn't help anymore than give you some support.
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Is your neuro looking at anything else th - a full at could be causing it? Or are they just assuming that because you were diagnosed 30 years ago it must be the MS?

I always thought that if there was no change in any of the lesions that the symptoms shouldn't worsen. Have you had all the other tests - like a full blown test everything from top to toe and blood tests? There are other diseases out there that look like MS but aren't.

I don't imagine I'm helping at all - I wish I had answers for you. Hang in there.

Bea
  • Tari150
    Options
    Thanks for the support all. I have had blood labs run, but they were unremarkable. I hope to find out about my last MRI on Monday and then hopefully some answers.

Just being able to share with people with MS that understand the nature of the disease is a great help. Thanks again.
  • zb357
    zb357 Posts: 9
    Options
    I didn't notice your age anywhere, I suppose that is really unimportant tho', you also didn't say if you are on any of the MS injections or meds. I was diagnosed with MS. back in 1991, I am 59 yrs. old...My Neurologist makes me have an MRI practically every year altho' I am starting to fight it because I also get a tinge of claustrophobia being in the machine for an hour at a time, and I don't like to charge my insurance company with unnecessary costs incase something far more serious would arise.
    Everytime I have an MRI my neur. says everything is fine, no new 'spots', -rather lesions showing...yet I too have increasing symptoms. I've told him that the dizziness is much more pronounced than even 5 yrs. ago, if it weren't for my husbands arm to hold I'd have 'spun' into a lot of falls down stairs, over benches, even off curbs. In the summertime it does seem worse, I get exhausted just standing and cooking dinner. When I was first diagnosed and for 8 yrs after I continued to work as a salesperson in a very fast paced furniture store. I could NEVER imagine running like I did then, even wearing high heels now is out of the question.
    I've asked my Dr. many times is it just age? I get the impression he doesn't know either as he answers most times with ''Possibley..."
    I have started taking extra Vitamin D (3000 I.U. a day) as I've read that most folks with MS are found to be lacking..
    I have no answers for you, other than to say you are not alone. Being on this site to try to lose some weight is wonderful, yet I am so envious of those who can jog, do callisthenics, ride bikes, etc. to promote their weight loss...keep in touch...:flowerforyou: .