RECIPES

Options
Hey ladies. here is a topic if you can help us out with some tasty but healthy dish ideas!! thanks

Replies

• liljgrafix
    Options
    Lean Taco Salad:
    4oz 97/6 hamburger meat
    1/4 pkg taco seasoning
    1/2 cucumber sliced up
    4 cherry tomatoes sliced
    1/4 cup shredded cheese
    2T sugar free raspberry vinnegrette
    2 corn tortillas
    2cups spinach/arugula mix

cut tortillas into 8 triangles each:
    put on a cookie sheet and spray a little bit of pam on them.
    bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. flipping over halfway through. or until golden brown.

cook taco meat and then put seasoning in it. add 1tbsp of water and let simmer

put salad blend, cheese, tomatoes, and cucumber in a bowl. add a little big of salt and pepper to salad mix.

add taco meat and dressing to salad mixture.
    top with the chips

ENJOY.. it is only 389 calories for the whole meal..
  • klv22kath
    Options
    I am pretty plain jane when it comes to cooking because I am always watching the added fat, etc. that comes in those extra sauces and things like that, and I am not a fabulous cook! LOL
    But, here are some pretty simple things, very LOW in fat and calories that taste pretty darn good (I think)!

Can of tuna mixed with cucumbers, fresh peas or beans or other vegetable, maybe some tomatoe - add some fat free Kraft Italian dressing. (Good for lunch)

Three Cheddar rice cakes topped with a mix of canned tuna, gound up peppers (red, yellow, orange), mixed with a tablespoon of hummus. Filling snack and packed full of protein.

Like I said really simple. As you can see I also like to ramp up my protein and canned tuna is a cost effective way of doing this for a snack or lunch item.

:happy: