Wedding Dresses are a Tall girls BF!

Options
BassesGirl
BassesGirl Posts: 76 Member
This weekend I went shopping for my wedding dress and omg!

I've always felt weird trying on clothes due to my proportions...I have legs a mile long and a torso that practically doesn't exist...but when I went dress shopping I was in love! Everything there was made for tall girls with mile long legs! Definitely a confidence boost I needed! I wish I could wear a wedding dress everywhere now...oh well, it has defintely shown me how good I CAN look and motivated me to work harder to get to my goals!!

Moral of the story...if you're tall and feeling down, try on wedding dresses :P

Replies

• Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Just wish someone would ask me to marry them!

Glad you had a good shop and who knows maybe you could start a trend for wearing wedding dresses 24/7!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Yup, I didn't have to have my dress hemmed up. I also went with a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago to browse for her and she's probably 5'7 1/2 and sure enough, no hemming required. Saves money!
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yay for you feeling amazing in your dress! Congratulations!!!

The only annoying thing i have found with bridal shopping (I have been a bridesmaid a bunch...) is being 5'11, i always have to pay for extra length... and that is NOT cheap. and of course my girlfriends insist on the $300+ bridal party dresses... another $30-50 on top of that is IRRITATING! hahah
  • BassesGirl
    BassesGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yay for you feeling amazing in your dress! Congratulations!!!

The only annoying thing i have found with bridal shopping (I have been a bridesmaid a bunch...) is being 5'11, i always have to pay for extra length... and that is NOT cheap. and of course my girlfriends insist on the $300+ bridal party dresses... another $30-50 on top of that is IRRITATING! hahah

Really? wow, I've never had to get extra length added when I was a bridesmaid...maybe my friends are just skanks and like short dresses lol I'm trying to keep my bridesmaids' dresses under $150 (trying!) for that very reason...I feel bad making them pay a lot for my wedding..

And deClaire...who know's maybe I will start that trend! ;-)
  • Venice57
    Venice57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I never thought about it before, but this thread hasa great point. As the bride, everything was the perfect length. As a bridemaid, everything was always too short.

What's going on?